Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I automatically run the Video Manager update?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

How do I automatically run the Video Manager update?

I like to add videos to my NFS share as I get them, but I really hate having to go into the video manager and scan for the new videos on each of the frontends that I have. Is there a way to run this as a cron job or anything?
    Thanks.

Beans

Re: How do I automatically run the Video Manager update?

Not that I'm aware of, no. Also something I'd like improving. I don't think there's any cron commands you can use to do it either, save for re-implementing the "scanner" portion of mythvideo in another app.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by stdPikachu View Post
    Not that I'm aware of, no. Also something I'd like improving. I don't think there's any cron commands you can use to do it either, save for re-implementing the "scanner" portion of mythvideo in another app.
    If it's a button on a web page, couldn't this be cron'ed using lynx or something to call the button? Just a thought. It would be nice to have though!

Beans

If there is a button on the video page I certainly haven't seen it yet (my master backend/apache/mythweb is still gentoo for the time being) but will have a look later.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't remember their being a specific button, but I do seem to remember there being a URL that would run a scan. But if you don't care so much about metadata for your videos you can put mythvideo in "browse" mode where it shows files that haven't been scanned in (and you can play them). This is in the setup menu.
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans

Aye, I've already got it in browse mode, just wish there was a way to automate IMDB lookups (don't really fancy inserting the output from imdb.pl into the DB myself either).

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by stdPikachu View Post
    Aye, I've already got it in browse mode, just wish there was a way to automate IMDB lookups (don't really fancy inserting the output from imdb.pl into the DB myself either).
    For automated IMDB lookups:
    http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/myth...er/195918.html

For RageTV information insertion for TV shows (requires user intervention to say yes/no to information insertion and requires files to already be in the database - so useful after running the above script for shows not in IMDB):

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/view...er=asc&start=0
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans

Cheers for the links, but still a bit of a blind alley. RageTV.com doesn't appear to exist any more (certainly couldn't find any TV information on it) and his web page just gives me a continual "Loading..." spinner. Will give the bulk updater a whirl next time I go on a transcoding binge.

Beans
    Distro

I just went to the download URL and it works fine for me. I just used the script this morning. haven't used the bulk imdb script, however. The actual site with the data is tvrage.com
    Last edited by newlinux; January 30th, 2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: more info...
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    My Hardware

Beans

D'oh, he said ragetv.com in his blurb. Just tried his site in FF and it worked, another opera-hostile site... stupid thing won't even let me save the tarball URL. Gah! Fecking useless javascript-everything links.

Anyhow, testing it out now.

Bah, it chokes horribly on my filename format (what's with the predeliction for putting dots instead of spaces? Don't understand) and it doesn't seem to want to recurse. There's something usable in there with a bit of wizardry...
    Last edited by stdPikachu; January 30th, 2008 at 01:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast