Thread: Clarification & resolution please?

Beans

Clarification & resolution please?

Hi, I have at the time of writing this, very recently received an infraction.

I believe that there is more than one issue to clear up here.

The thread titled "The Problem with the Word" by Aristotle37 was locked when I found it in the Backyard.
    I do not understand why, as it was filled with heart felt idealism & as far from rude, quarrelsome, disrespectful & argumentative as you could get.

That is the first problem I would like clarified.

I wanted to reply & do more than stomp on Aristotle37's high ideals. So (my faulty procedure here) I thought that the Mod who had locked it had made a mistake, I was thinking that if the thread had been moved from elsewhere to the Backyard that it should have been reopened on arrival due to the inoffensive nature of it's content.

So I copied Aristotle37's statement, making a new thread to which I could reply. Hopefully saying something of meaning to him & whoever, & being somewhat more uplifting than locking down his idealistic statements, which were after all in the Backyard.

I received an infraction for copying a locked thread. I don't believe that was fair, as the content of the thread was benign & should not have been locked in the first place.

As I have already said to p_quarles, via pm, I understand that it can get pretty hectic on the forum for the Mod's, & it can be easy to make questionable decisions from time to time.

That is one of the reasons for this part of the forum I would think.

Beans

Re: Clarification & resolution please?

I recently read the reopened thread, & now see why p_quarles closed it.

I was not thinking like a moderator when I read it, I was thinking about the content of the post, which is inoffensive.

What I failed to perceive was that it was the poster's first post, which of course under the circumstances raised the moderator spam alarm.

I do think that the post should be open, & I thank whoever is responsible for reopening it, & I apologise for wasting your time.

Regards,

Greg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Clarification & resolution please?

Was this the thread you meant? http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=680510

I probably would have closed the original thread myself for the same reason p_charles gave, but I am happy to allow it to be opened as a result of your polite request and logical reason.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!