Thread: Install Fest Saturday March 8th

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Install Fest Saturday March 8th

Greetings All,

Just as a FYI, we will be holding our next Ubuntu Install Fest on March 8th. The Loyola College Center for Community Informatics will again be our host. The times are 10-2:30.

Loyola College Center for Community Informatics
    8890 McGaw Rd
    Columbia, MD 21045
    http://cci.cs.loyola.edu

More details will be coming out in the near future. If you have any special requests or questions, please feel free to inquire.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Install Fest Saturday March 8th

Okay, I have the first of two flyers up on the wiki. I decided to change from Scribus to OpenOffice Writer to do this one. Scribus is still buggy and it's a bit overpowered for our needs, plus I want everyone to be able to edit the design without a steep learning curve.

We still need to have a discussion about what we'd like to see on the second flyer. If you'd like to participate in this, be sure to tune in for the next IRC meeting, Wednesday, Feb. 6, 7pm - 9pm.

Beans

Re: Install Fest Saturday March 8th

sorry I missed your install fest.As a new member I would like to help, but as a newbie, I have no Ubuntu experience . I do have, 4 -14inch vga monitors [spare and give able],2-kvm switches and cables, a d-link wireless router with 4-Ethernet gig ports , and a basic a+certification to help trouble shoot computers. I am presently waiting for 8.04 LT version to come out in April. I have used red hat 9.0 in the past. But I am still a basic newbie. any one need any p166 computers? [lol] Bad news , I live in BA city and do not drive..