Thread: [SOLVED] Auto-transcode after recording not working

Beans

[SOLVED] Auto-transcode after recording not working

I am trying to get my recordings to transcode automatically after recording. The commercial flagging job is running automatically, but not the transcode job. It doesn't even appear on the job queue.

I know mythtranscode works, because I can schedule the job manually on one of my already recorded programs. It appears on the job queue and runs properly.

When I schedule a recording in mythweb, the auto-flag and auto-transcode boxes are both ticked, and the medium quality transcoder is selected.

So, what can I check or do to try and get mythtranscode running automatically?

Beans

Re: Auto-transcode after recording not working

Is the option "allow auto transcode jobs" set? Sometimes things get overlooked or deselected by accident.

Beans

Re: Auto-transcode after recording not working

Quote Originally Posted by a_posse_ad_esse View Post
    Is the option "allow auto transcode jobs" set? Sometimes things get overlooked or deselected by accident.
    Sometimes mythtv buries settings in strange places. I found the settings for the default transcode, and to make the auto-transcode setting default to "on", and logically, you'd think that would be enough.

But no, there's another setting, squirreled away in the recording profile, which I think is the one you are referring to. I found it by googling around earlier tonight, and only just proved it now works.

So thanks, you have confirmed it for me, and I'll mark the thread as solved.