I'm involved on the project. Let's see:
0. Install Bazaar (sudo apt-get install bzr).
1. Learn how to use it (and what a Version Control System is, if you never used one). Use this official 5-minute tutorial: http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en...ial/index.html It's quite simple to use; yes, I'll describe some commands here below, but it's much better that you know what you're doing instead of just copying commands.
2. Create a Launchpad accout and set it up (you could skip the PGP keys step). https://launchpad.net
3. Branch from trunk to get the latest release code:
4. Code... code... code...
bzr branch lp:sysres
5. Create a revision of your changes:
6. Upload your changes to the project's codebase:
bzr commit -m "Some useful message here, please"
It's quite advisable that you visit your branch's webpage and fill in the details. It'll be located at https://launchpad.net/~(username)/sysres/(branch-name)
bzr push lp:~(your-username)/sysres/(choose-branch-name)
7. If some change occurs to the trunk and you want to include into your branch:
This also works with any branch, but it's not usual to merge from elsewhere than the trunk.
bzr merge lp:sysres
8. If you want your changes be merged into the trunk. You have to fill a Request for Merge. This is done via the branch's webpage. Anyone can vote on your code, but only LaRoza will be able to accept or reject it... and merge your changes into the release code.
We have a forum for Sysres (and Pyctactoe, my project): http://laroza.19.forumer.com/