Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: System Restore

Beans

Re: System Restore

The gtk code in the deb is not the latest (but that's what I expected, it being a few posts up), and I don't know if it is supposed to install a launcher in the gnome menu, because it doesn't, it is a strange error,
    when I before the deb tried the install.sh a menu entry was put there, the first time, but not again after I uninstalled and reinstalled.
    It's not a killall gnome-panel or log out/in problem, since I've tried those, but I don't know if it is a sysres bug or perhaps a gnome bug.

As for the maturity of my own code, I think it is ready for upstream, if you can confirm that the post 472 bug is fixed and no new has appeared.

EDIT, I need to update the changelog... I always forget that!
    Last edited by red_Marvin; September 20th, 2008 at 12:29 AM.
    Don't peach linux. Melon it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

savemyconf just saves the packages you installed, not configuration files like this program.

And yes... I'm not paranoid. I enabled statistics on the software sources tab too. It's all anonymized

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    I didn't realize someone was actually working on this... but http://www.savemyconf.com/ seems to be promising. Alpha though atm.

Edit: sorry, that's for the installed programs, not configuration files.
    The website doesn't really explain what it does (we can write it off on that basis alone). It appears that it's something along the lines of a configuration/program backup site. But doing it as a website seems incredibly silly to me. To do it right, you need filesystem access, and that can't be done from a website without a browser plugin or something like that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yeah, you install a lil thing that runs and gets the listing.

But, being in alpha, the website doesn't want to accept results atm.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mssever View Post
    I merged with 1.0 right before I built the package, so it includes whatever was there at the time.
    Ok. Sorry for being a pain. Perhaps we need a more...professional? form of communication?

Quote Originally Posted by red_Marvin View Post
    The gtk code in the deb is not the latest (but that's what I expected, it being a few posts up), and I don't know if it is supposed to install a launcher in the gnome menu, because it doesn't, it is a strange error,
    when I before the deb tried the install.sh a menu entry was put there, the first time, but not again after I uninstalled and reinstalled.
    It's not a killall gnome-panel or log out/in problem, since I've tried those, but I don't know if it is a sysres bug or perhaps a gnome bug.
    The menu entry will be in Applications->System Tools.

EDIT, I need to update the changelog... I always forget that!
    We all do it seems. mssever and I are also time travelers apparently.

Ok, could it be packaged one last time, we'll test it, and then, focus on trunk solely.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza
    Perhaps we need a more...professional? form of communication?
    I think that we can all safely agree on that.

Blog | I'm available for programming contributions. C & Python.
    Intel Core i7 920 | EVGA x58 SLI | NVidia GeForce 8600 GT | WD 500GB HDD | Corsair XMS3 3GB | Ubuntu 9.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfReach View Post
    I think that we can all safely agree on that.
    Perhaps we can get ourselves a wiki or something.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by red_Marvin View Post
    Have you done a thorough check of the menu? It's weird that you aren't seeing it. Also, verify that /usr/share/applications/sysres.desktop exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    Yeah, you install a lil thing that runs and gets the listing.
    OK, so what's the point of a whole webapp? All you need is to keep a file with a package listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    Ok. Sorry for being a pain. Perhaps we need a more...professional? form of communication?
    Perhaps a third-party subforum? We could also benefit by filing bugs on Launchpad's bug tracker--which is designed for the purpose. We can create a branch for each bug, and tie it to the bug report.
    Ok, could it be packaged one last time, we'll test it, and then, focus on trunk solely.
    Will do. I'll hold off for a bit to give red_Marvin time to test the icon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

A wiki is a very nice idea, but I think we should also have some kind of 'organized' meetings to discuss things because some of us cannot keep up with all these things since we are not on all the time (me for example). Just brainstorming.

Blog | I'm available for programming contributions. C & Python.
    Intel Core i7 920 | EVGA x58 SLI | NVidia GeForce 8600 GT | WD 500GB HDD | Corsair XMS3 3GB | Ubuntu 9.04

Beans

The desktop file exists, but no menu entry.
    Don't peach linux. Melon it!

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast