Thread: Incubation: game-screen resolution problem

Beans

Cool Incubation: game-screen resolution problem

When I try to run the great game Incubation withe wine 0.9.53 the resolution of the game drops to what I guess is 600x800 pixels. It doesn't matter if I run it with a virtual desktop. It starts ok, but when I click play it resizes to an unplayable resolution You can't specify any resolution in the game itself. Under windows it just adapts to the used screen-resolution, when going fullscreen...
    Is there no possible way of telling wine to stop adapting the virtual desktop to the game resolution?

the virtual desktop and the game asking me if I want to start playing

when I click the button to play this happens

PS: Now that I outed myself as too stupid to use wine, I can ask how to solve my sound problem as well
    Although I told wine to use Alsa, it is not possible to hear the gamesound and music from exaile or amarok. Is there a hack out there to enable Softwaremixing? (I am afraid I have not looked very far for this problem yet...

Beans

Re: Incubation: game-screen resolution problem

Without Virtual Desktp turned on it runs fullscreen by the way.
    So it is easily playable, for those who want to try this game. Normal install, everything works from the beginning (except some sounds, but they don't run under windows as well). It's just sad, you can't listen to your own music while playing

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Incubation: game-screen resolution problem

i loved that game. the low resolution was an annoyance to me back then on windows too.
    great to know it works with wine.
    i still can't find any game of this kind that are open source. (and battle of wesnoth is not comparable).