Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Favorite IDE?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 5.10

Re: What's your Favorite IDE?

Well, what language, bazuka? If you're a total beginner, I reccomend Ruby. http://ruby-lang.org

There's an IDE for it named 'FreeRIDE' but I don't reccomend it. Just use the ruby interpretyer 'irb'. It's on Synaptic
    I seem to have discovered a truly remarkable proof for Fermat's Last Theorem, which this siggie is too small to contain.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru79
    Well, what language, bazuka? If you're a total beginner, I reccomend Ruby. http://ruby-lang.org

There's an IDE for it named 'FreeRIDE' but I don't reccomend it. Just use the ruby interpretyer 'irb'. It's on Synaptic
    Geh... I hate to admit this, but I used to program on my apple II e, and I currently do logon script stuff with KiX. It's shameful, I know. I can GOTO like something you've never seen. I think it came from the Hardy Boys books.

Realistically, I'd like to work on something portable, and something that will prepare me for better languages.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 5.10

I can GOTO like something you've never seen.
    Hehehe.

Well, in that case, I stand beside my original suggestion of Ruby. It's portable, and it will definetly help prepare you for Object-Oriented Programming (Ruby is VERY OO). Of course, Python/Perl work too.

If you're interested in starting Ruby, here's two excellent books that will teach you everything you need to go from n00b to l33t h4><0rz

http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/
    http://poignantguide.net
    I seem to have discovered a truly remarkable proof for Fermat's Last Theorem, which this siggie is too small to contain.

Beans

Sweet... thanks for the linkage.

Beans

Smile Re: What's your Favorite IDE?

Ok, I'm trying out Python 2.4 and it seems pretty good so far. Although so far all I have done is Hello, World!...

I doubt I'll ever need to program for a living or even as part of my job but it's good (and fun) to know...

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

I'm getting quite fond of MonoDevelop, but Visual Studio.NET is one sexy app as well.

Beans

My favorite ide is Eclipse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

What's a good free Linux IDE for C/C++? Preferably with mistake highlighting and a certain amount of code completion if possible. I refuse to use Eclipse anymore now that I'm done with my Java class.
    $ whatis themeaningoflife
    themeaningoflife: not found

Beans

I'd go with Eclipse and there C/C++ plugin. It's the best C/C++ IDE that I've ever used. You might want to try anjuta though.
    What boots up must come down

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by froogle
    NetBeans for Java stuff - can't beat the built in WYSIWYG editors for doing rich user interface stuff, although if ever Eclipse come out with an easy to configure plug in for SWT, I'll probably switch.

Still stuck with Windows and Dreamweaver though for Web UI stuff.
    Have you tried the Visual Editor from the Eclipse project ?
    Thanks

Klunk

Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast