Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,059 of 1059

Thread: What's your Favorite IDE?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: What's your Favorite IDE?

I really like gEdit and Code::Blocks for C++ and Python and Eclipse for Java. I also have a soft spot for VIM and Kate. I have been using Windows a little bit and there I use Notepad++ and Visual Studio.

"$DISPLAY" of course.
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

For Java it's... surprise... Eclipse. For Python, JavaScript and Freebasic I usually use Kate. If my Python development ever gets more serious I might try the Python plugin for Eclipse again.
    Last edited by Erik1984; February 15th, 2014 at 05:35 PM.

Beans

Kate is my favourite editor. Used to be a gedit guy, but now I find kate better. Would like to be able to view different files in tabs, instead of seeing it on the left side.

Beans

My favorite is atm Geany. Sublime Text is also amazing though.

Beans

I like Bluefish for HTML PHP CSS and Geany for quick editing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I started out with geany when I first learned how to program years ago, so I tend to stick with that for almost everything.

I do switch to ecplise when I'm using Java however. I really like how integrated everything is, and I especially use it when I just want to make a quick jar file without firing up a terminal.

I want to get into qt-creator for my c and c++ projects. However I'm trying to learn how to use the various debugging software before I begin using it.

Beans

Guess it depends..
    C++ - It's really been changing a lot for me.. generally I use QT Creator because it can parse CMakeLists, but usually just as a text editor. I make/debug/etc in a terminal on the other monitor.
    On Windows, usually Visual Studio. And XCode on OSX, although I rarely use it (Mostly just to see if I can compile something under OSX real quick).

HTML/CSS/JavaScript - Mostly have only done this for school, but I've really grown to like Adobe Brackets.. Simple interface, runs under all major platforms.

C#/.Net - *Really* like MonoDevelop, although now I don't know what's going to happen to it with Xamarin and all, seeing as they don't seem to support Linux at this point. (Have seen PPAs of compiled modern versions of Monodevelop/XamarinStudio, just haven't really tried them)

Beans

Mine are...

on Windows
    Java: TextPad
    C++: Visual Studio

on Unix-based systems
    Java: Vi
    C++: Vi

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106