Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do threads look funny today?

Beans

Why do threads look funny today?

hi

what's with this? i liked it when everything except the content of the post was over there
    <

much better layout, this is ridiculous. it's much harder to read the actual content because all the BS is all over the place as well.

please change it back or give me an option to, or i'm leaving for good - i can't deal with this format at all.

see look at all that wasted space up there. in every post ... absurd. yes i've checked out the display modes up there. the other two options suck equally as much. what possible purpose could threaded view serve to anyone? none that i see.
    Last edited by jerome bettis; September 20th, 2005 at 11:22 PM.

Beans

Re: Why do threads look funny today?

Quote Originally Posted by jerome bettis
    hi

what's with this? i liked it when everything except the content of the post was over there
    <

much better layout, this is ridiculous. it's much harder to read the actual content because all the BS is all over the place as well.

please change it back or give me an option to, or i'm leaving for good - i can't deal with this format at all.

see look at all that wasted space up there. in every post ... absurd. yes i've checked out the display modes up there. the other two options suck equally as much. what possible purpose could threaded view serve to anyone? none that i see.
    I too was wondering about the funkiness. I imagine its purposeful, and in that case sad. Or a CSS flub. Or something else, there is always that dreaded something else!
    Cheerful Ghost - build your game list, write about awesome games and share that with the world. join us!

Beans

i really hope it's not purposeful. i've posted on dozens of message boards over the past few years and none of them have been formatted like this. it just doesn't make sense. if it is, i should have made a poll to see who actually likes it.

hopefully it's just a css / html thing that will be fixed shortly.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by jdodson
    I too was wondering about the funkiness. I imagine its purposeful, and in that case sad. Or a CSS flub. Or something else, there is always that dreaded something else!
    I agree, please put it back as it was before!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jdodson
    They are doing a lot of work on the site over the last few days...this avatar on top thing just started like 30 minutes ago (yes, I'm on here *all* day long). I don't like it.

Beans

I love it. Most forums I am on use this format.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NateC
    I love it. Most forums I am on use this format.
    you're weird

well if it just started 1/2 hour ago it's probably just a snafu

maybe they could give this format as an option in display modes for wierdos like NateC.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Dude.....this is like......dude.....like.....psychadellic man......dude....
    ArchLinux 0.8.0
    Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jerome bettis
    please change it back or give me an option to, or i'm leaving for good
    I want to say I really don't like the format of the moment either. I probably won't take my toys and go home in protest if it isn't changed back, but I don't like it at all.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

I don't know if it's permanent or not. There are a lot of changes being made in preparation for the Breezy release and for other important server reasons, perceived as "superficial" like this new format, or for more substantial server reasons, like this: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=67568

\\//_

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast