Thread: [SOLVED] Cabling question

Beans

[SOLVED] Cabling question

I have a combined Backend/Frontend Mythbuntu 7.10 box and I am having problems setting up the audio. I have a PVR 350 and a PVR 150 TV tuner for capturing the TV signal from analog cable TV service. I have a Asus Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS Silent graphics card for TV-Out and an Audigy X-Gamer soundcard. The result is to be displayed on a Sharp Aquos 32" LCD TV.

I have the TV Tuners cabled to the cable TV input by coaxial cables. The Nvida graphics card connected to the TV by DVI connectors and set for Digital A/V input. The soundcard is connected from the digital/analog out to the audio input for the DVI connection on the TV. Am I missing anything?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Cabling question

Have you verified that the sound works outside of MythTV?
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

The sound was working sort of. I was able to get it so you can sort of tell what is being said but the background noise buzzes and the voices are really low volume and tinny, but that was in MythTV. I haven't tested it outside of Myth, but for me if it doesn't work in MythTV, the sound doesn't work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckels550 View Post
    The sound was working sort of. I was able to get it so you can sort of tell what is being said but the background noise buzzes and the voices are really low volume and tinny, but that was in MythTV. I haven't tested it outside of Myth, but for me if it doesn't work in MythTV, the sound doesn't work.
    Thats all fine and dandy, but if it works outside of MythTV, then it is a MythTV problem. If it doesn't work outside of MythTV then it is a Ubuntu. I was giving you a troubleshooting step, not trying to be a prick.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Re: Cabling question (solved)

The problem was a cabling issue. On the Soundblaster Audigy X-Gamer the audio out to the TV should be from the Line Out jack and not the Analog/Digital out jack. I now have audio for LiveTV, TV Recordings and Mythmusic. I haven't configured MythVideo/MythDVD and MythArchive, yet.