Thread: Phantom recordings

Beans

Phantom recordings

I setup MythTV to record one showing of one program last night. This morning I checked the recorded programs and there were a whole bunch of programs recorded (filled up a good chunk of my disk space) that I have no idea why they recorded.

Clearly a "user error" on my part. Anyone have a suggestion where I might look in the MythTV menus to solve the mystery as to why unwanted programs are being recorded on my set top box?

Thanks

Beans

Re: Phantom recordings

Are these just the recordings created by watching live TV? Live TV has to record, to allow pause and rewind etc. The files created are recording files, just like those scheduled by you. They are, however, set to expire first, so they effectively, do not limit you disk space for scheduled recordings, and there is an option, to not show them in the recorded programs list.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

ubnewbie2 is right - you're probably seeing the list of LiveTV recordings. When selecting what recording to watch, hit the M key and choose "Change Filter" (or similar). Tada.
    Laptop ==> Dell Mini 9 :: 2GB RAM :: Ubuntu Netbook Remix Jaunty

Desktop ==> Shuttle SG31G2 V2 :: Primarily Media Center (XBMC)

Beans

Thanks for the suggestions. Now I understand. I also found the autoexpire setting, but it looks like the minimum autoexpire is 1 day. I wish I could make it 8 hours just for Live TV. At least until I rebuild my Myth box with a larger hard drive.

Beans

I thought the autoexpire on LiveTV was immediate. I stand to be corrected on that though.