Thread: Disappointed - Bye

Beans

Disappointed - Bye

My last friendly post - a considered comment on the many welcome updates that KDE4 has received over the last few days (from the perspective of a new GNOME Ubuntu user) - has been shunted off the forum by the community. Hope things improve.

John Tait

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question Re: Disappointed - Bye

Beans

Re: Disappointed - Bye

Reading through some of JGT's posts on this forum doesn't shed any light about what he's talking about either.

Please give some more background, please give some links to what you're referring to.

Perhaps you worded your post wrong? Perhaps people perceived your posts in a negative tone / troll like behaviour?

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, just make sure you word it correctly so as not to offend any one.
    Work smart, not hard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

It appears a thread he started has been moved from here to the Reoccurring Discussion area.
    Last edited by Tenken; January 15th, 2008 at 04:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Huh?

My last friendly post - a considered comment on the many welcome updates that KDE4 has received over the last few days (from the perspective of a new GNOME Ubuntu user) - has been shunted off the forum by the community.
    This forum (Desktop Environments) and most others are for asking for help when you have a problem. If you want to ask if something is better or worse in GNU/Linux, then you need to post it in either the Community Cafe or in Recurring Discussions. If the thread started has been posted before, it will get moved to recurring discussions.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by JGT View Post
    My last friendly post - a considered comment on the many welcome updates that KDE4 has received over the last few days (from the perspective of a new GNOME Ubuntu user) - has been shunted off the forum by the community. Hope things improve.

John Tait
    Your post is still here; it was put into a subforum in a different area.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=667921

I'm not sure if your intent was to complain about the move or to give a final farewell, but in any case I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and put your thread in the Resolution Center.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JGT View Post

John Tait
    Please give more details of your complaint soit can be considered.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I didn't move this one as I was offline, however, if it was like many of the recent posts comparing KDE4 to GNOME, it would have been moved to Recurring Discussions solely because of the nature of the discussion: it is one that happens/has happened regularly and repeatedly. It wouldn't have been moved because you did something wrong, but rather because this is not an original discussion.

It's a pity the original post was edited. We can't read the original text to help determine why it was moved. I'm afraid there isn't much we can do for you now unless we find an original, unedited version (perhaps if someone reported the original post and it is in a thread in the staff "Reported Posts" forum--I took a quick look and didn't see one, but I didn't read every single thread, I'm a bit busy at work today.).
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!