Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: humax pvr9200t file transfer ubuntu 7.10

Beans

Re: humax pvr9200t file transfer ubuntu 7.10

Hello, has anyone who was having the problems seeing the file lists on the humax cured their problem. I have the same issue and also only need Windows for this function currently.

Thanks,

Keith

Beans

Hi,

Dunno if this helps - I had the same issue, and this is what solved it for me.

Get the latest snapshot (beta), at this time of writing (Jan.31 2009) the one I used was the snapshot located here (111K): http://www.andrewdsmith.plus.com/hum...3122006.tar.gz

(patience, page loads slowly)

Download that one, extract it and:

- sudo qmake-qt4 humaxGui.pro (note the qt4 - do not just run qmake)

- sudo make

- Connect USB cable

Browse to the folder where humaxGui is located

- gksudo (not sudo!!) ./humaxGui (do not forget the ./)

Connect and you should see the folder contents of D2.

Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hello,

Is anyone using this program interested in helping to maintain it get the Linux functionality right?

I have emailed the developer listed in the AUTHOR.txt file but don't know if it is still an active link as development seems to have stopped back in 2006. I've found a few bugs (one that created an 18GB plain text file in my home folder) and was wondering if anyone had the necessary C++ skills to help me to iron them out then release it back as a linux specific fork away from the windows version (as that seems to work ok). It is released under the GPL so it is OK to do this.

Unfortunately, though I possess some skills and a little time, I'm not sure I have enough of either to do this alone,

Any takers?

(ps -- this might sway it, have had very fast transfers (25mins for feature film) on several occasions whilst testing and recovery mode working - all down to playing with the combinations of block sizes)

(pps -- for those who can't connect successfully, I have found this to be the order in which you plug things in/switch them on for best results.)
    Initially have Humax unit switched off (I tend to use the switch at the back for extra sureness but this isn't necessary)

1 - Boot your computer
    2 - Start Software as root
    3 - Plug in Humax
    4 - Turn Humax on
    5 - optional - press menu button on controller (seems to freak out more if it's trying to display a program at the same time as connecting)
    6 - Press the connect button in HumaxGUI
    7 - List of programs should now appear in D2. Remember only to do one at a time as the temporary files needed by linux to map the drive will not be cleaned up otherwise and will confuse the poor thing!
    Proud to be Vegan!

Beans

Hi Bis,

Thanks for the info. This helped me to get the app. running. However, it seems to increase the bad sectors transfered as it goes on, such that it can transfer small files ok, but films are impossible. I am trying to play around with different block sizes etc.. to see if that helps. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks,

Slartibartfast

Beans

Found the problem! Found that I could not download reliably under Linux or Windows, with any type of program. A bit of googling found that with the latest firmware (vs. 21) this does happen unless you disable the tuners. This can be done either by 1.removing the aerial, 2. putting the box into the manual search menu page, or 3. pressing the games button. Hey Presto! fully working and reliable downloads. Just for anyones info.

Thanks for the previous help,

Slatibartfast

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Red face Re: humax pvr9200t file transfer ubuntu 7.10

Does anyone have this working under Jaunty? I'm new to Ubuntu and I'd like to get this working so I can do away with my windows partition. I can get the gui working and it says connected. When I turn logging on, (from what I can decipher) it sees the recordings on my Humax but the GUi shows nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Beans

Hi,
    I tried humaxGui without success. It doesn't show any files on humax. Tried with sudo and gksudo.

Is there any progress with this? Or is there a way to just mount humax without any GUI? I think using console is in any case much easier.

Thanks!

-Tony

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

For what it is worth, the advice by the OP works still just fine on Ubuntu 12.10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12