Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unanswered Threads link

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Unanswered Threads link

From the post in the News & Updates section:
    Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-geek
    In the next few weeks we will be making some cosmetic changes to the forums you might notice them already
    I noticed that the Unanswered Threads link is no longer available. Is that intended to be a permanent change? I hope not, as I think it's a good thing to have...makes it easier to find those who have yet to have their questions answered or to have others assist them with issues.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Unanswered Threads link

I agree. I was just searching for that myself and that is generally where all of my posts come from. I try to help out those that have unanswered questions.

Beans

Hey guys nope just making some changes to it.. It will be back today or tomorrow..
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!

Excellent! Thanks very much!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Phew...got scared for a minute there.

Been havin to search for threads with no more than 0 posts via Search function.

arnieboy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KingBahamut
    Phew...got scared for a minute there.

Been havin to search for threads with no more than 0 posts via Search function.
    It would be a good idea if "unanswered threads" cud be included in every forum, so that u look at them forum wise.. rather than have them all clubbed together.
    for example: I would want an "unanswered threads" link in "Other Applications" under "Hoary 5.04 Application and Support"

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by arnieboy
    It would be a good idea if "unanswered threads" cud be included in every forum, so that u look at them forum wise.. rather than have them all clubbed together.
    for example: I would want an "unanswered threads" link in "Other Applications" under "Hoary 5.04 Application and Support"
    I like that idea...but only if it's implemented as an addition to--not instead of--the old link on the bar at the top of each page.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Originally Posted by arnieboy
    I just noticed that myself (just got off work) when I looked above when you said something about this.

Instead of flooding each forum with an extra sticky in which NO ONE will look at, why not make an extra forum in the General Dept with Unanswered Posts. This will reduce the flooding in each forum and also another sticky being placed.
    AskDroid - Android Q&A Community

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

just to add, the old "Unanswered Threads" query took a huge amount of processing power to satisfy...
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    just to add, the old "Unanswered Threads" query took a huge amount of processing power to satisfy...
    So in other words for those that didn't know what he meant. "It required to much for it to be there"

Each forum holds a certain amount of MB and requires a certain amount of space for it to load faster and smoother. If not it will slow down and cause backend issues.

Someone quote me on this if I am wrong, please do if I am, no hard feelings
    AskDroid - Android Q&A Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast