Thread: Two Questions: MCE remote and channel icons

Beans

Two Questions: MCE remote and channel icons

I have been trying to work out all the minor kinks in my Mythbuntu install. Most everything is working nicely, but I have a couple things.

First:

I have a Microsoft MCE remote (version 2, model 1029 - the third from the left). Most of the button work, but I still havea few that don't. When I run irw, all the buttons are read correctly, my problem just seems to be the lircrc file. I have read everything I can and found what seems to be a couple of good lircrc files, here and here. My problem is with the "Home", "RecTV", "Guide", "LiveTV", etc buttons. The two lircrc files set these to different things (RecTV to Alt+R or F2 for example). However, none of these seem to have an effect. Even if I just use these keys on the keyboard, nothing happens. I am assuming that there should be a keybindings to jump to the "Watch Recordings" or "Live TV" or the root Mythtv menu, but I can't find what they are. Keybindings for jumping to different areas or menues don't seem to be listed in the keybindings page. Are there default keybinding for this type thing? Does someone have a lircrc file for my model MCE remote that is complete?

Second:

I am trying to get the channel icons working. I have checked out both the Mythbuntu and Mythtv wiki pages for this, but can't get it to work.
    The suggested method on the Mythtv wiki gives me this error:
    Code:
    Can't locate object method "load_channels" via package "MythTV" at ./channel_icons.pl line 94.
    The method I found on a post here and on the Mythbuntu wiki gets closer it seems, but still doesn't work. It asks me my zip code, then which provider I have. No matter what I pick however, it get this:
    Code:
    ERROR:No icons were found.  Please check 'na_icon_error.html'
    Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Are these methods wrong, or is there a newer method?

Thanks everyone for the help!

Kawayanan

Beans

Re: Two Questions: MCE remote and channel icons

Quote Originally Posted by Kawayanan View Post
    First:

I have a Microsoft MCE remote (version 2, model 1029 - the third from the left). Most of the button work, but I still havea few that don't. When I run irw, all the buttons are read correctly, my problem just seems to be the lircrc file. I have read everything I can and found what seems to be a couple of good lircrc files, here and here. My problem is with the "Home", "RecTV", "Guide", "LiveTV", etc buttons. The two lircrc files set these to different things (RecTV to Alt+R or F2 for example). However, none of these seem to have an effect. Even if I just use these keys on the keyboard, nothing happens. I am assuming that there should be a keybindings to jump to the "Watch Recordings" or "Live TV" or the root Mythtv menu, but I can't find what they are. Keybindings for jumping to different areas or menues don't seem to be listed in the keybindings page. Are there default keybinding for this type thing? Does someone have a lircrc file for my model MCE remote that is complete?
    Ok, I think I figured this part out. I don't know if there were default keybindings for jump points, but I found how to make them. (Utilities/Setup - Edit Keys). Makes sense. Now I just need to decide exactly what I want with each key.