Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why would this thread get moved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Why would this thread get moved

Why did this get moved to "Wine"

No one reads the "Wine" subforum. Or at least it seems that way
    Because every one that post there are a bunch of winers... Just kidding no offense i use wine to from time to time
    The original point and click interface was The Smith & Wesson.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Nunu View Post
    Because every one that post there are a bunch of winers... Just kidding no offense i use wine to from time to time
    .. and South African wines are often delicious and from time to time affordable.
    ch
    In Switzerland we make it other
    with apologies to Gerard Hoffnung

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by popch View Post
    .. and South African wines are often delicious and from time to time affordable.
    We Have this wonderful wine in SA called a Pap Sak... It's the cheapest wine there is and it puts you flat down on your back buy the fourth glass. it ROCKS!!! It's about 20.00 Rand maybe about US$2.50
    The original point and click interface was The Smith & Wesson.

I can't speak to every thread that's mentioned here, but I'll try to explain what I can. I usually don't manage the Games and Leisure section or the Wine area much, but I might have some insight to offer. I'm not an administrator so if you need more specific answers, you should ask someone with authority.

In general threads get moved so they can be found later. Support questions in particular get bounced around because it wouldn't do any good to have a networking question in the Testimonials area. But if it helps resolve a problem, it might be useful in the future, so it gets reorganized. Same idea with Wine issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorSeven View Post
    Because it's a thread about the performance of a game running under Wine, not a native game, thus it belongs under the Wine section.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoktorSeven View Post
    And specifically, Gaming & Leisure, as I understand it, should be for Linux native games and games in general that do not have anything to do with running Windows games via Wine or any of its derivatives.
    That's the basic rationale. If it requires Wine to run, it becomes a Wine question. If it's native, it can stand in Games and Leisure. There are probably a few that ride the fence, to use an American expression.

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    I made a thread in the gaming section about getting Medal of Honor working in Wine, and it rightfully got moved to the Wine subforum. But they merged it with a thread that was all about Lord of the Rings; it had nothing to do with Medal of Honor.
    It might be that your thread was moved before the Wine subforum was made; you'll have to check the date of your post. Before the Wine subforum there was the possibility that a lot of Wine-related game questions got lumped together.

If that's not the case, contact a staff member and we'll see if the thread can be split off again. It's a huge effort to do that, but if the merge was done in error, we'll do what we can to correct it. We pride ourselves on customer service.

Like some other people mentioned, this is a very large forum, and it's generally managed by less than 50 volunteers on a scattered time schedule. That's not necessarily an excuse, but it does amaze me sometimes that it works as well as it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ripfox View Post
    Heres some current ones...
    Thanks, I'll get started on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunu View Post
    We Have this wonderful wine in SA called a Pap Sak... It's the cheapest wine there is and it puts you flat down on your back buy the fourth glass. it ROCKS!!! It's about 20.00 Rand maybe about US$2.50
    This is so far off topic. ... But personally I prefer Simonsig pinotages.

Now for the ironic part -- moving this thread to the Resolution Center.
    Last edited by K.Mandla; January 3rd, 2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Added a link.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I guess I just get to be made an example of on this one. Doesn't bother me that much, except for the simple fact that now my poll will be a dead one
    A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I guess I just get to be made an example of on this one. Doesn't bother me that much, except for the simple fact that now my poll will be a dead one

But on another note, I can see why due to future searches the attempt at organization of this manner.
    A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Beans

I use alot of time to move wine related threads to Wine. Though I won't page through months or years to find them, so if they pop up I move them.

It was the alternative to the mega-threads especially regarding WoW as too many threads was made daily, which was (I dare say it) tedious. But people complained about mega-threads, so a wine forum was made (and they still complain )

Nevertheless, we have a wine forum and we still have a search button, so I hope the WoW people can search/get the help they want.
    elementary OS Luna
    My Screenshot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12