View Poll Results: What date/time works best for your schedule? (You are encoured to choose more than 1)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thursday, January 24th @ 8:00 P.M.

6 66.67%
  • Sunday, January 27th @ 6:00 P.M.

5 55.56%
  • Tuesday, February 5th @ 8:00 P.M.

5 55.56%
  • Monday, February 11th @ 9:00 P.M.

5 55.56%
  • Friday, February 22nd @ 5:30 P.M.

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First OFFICIAL IRC Meeting - Please VOTE!

Beans

Exclamation First OFFICIAL IRC Meeting - Please VOTE!

I would like to have our first Ubuntu South Carolina Team IRC within the next month or so to start 2008 off right.

The meeting will take place on our IRC channel (please see the other post in this forum for information on this).

Below are tentative dates and times. Please select one that will work best for your calendar. All times are EST time (obviously for us Carolinians)...

The meeting will be our FIRST official meeting, it will be logged and we will create a Wiki page with an agenda to set as soon as we set a date.

Sincerely yours,

XQ / Craig

Beans

Arrow Re: First OFFICIAL IRC Meeting - Please VOTE!

Yep, I like all days except for that Friday. I do encourage everyone to choose as many choices that WILL work for you as possible. HOWEVER, please be sure to LOOK AT YOUR CALENDAR and consider all possibilities. I would like to maximize attendance and exposure.

Sincerely,

Craig

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: First OFFICIAL IRC Meeting - Please VOTE!

Voted for everything except 'Friday, February 22nd @ 5:30 P.M.'...that's too early on a weekday - I'll barely be walking in the door from work by 5:30.

Beans

Yeah, my same troubles...but I left it there just in case someone absolutely had to have that time slot. Most of the other ones should be very convenient.

Justifications (if anyone is curious):

I really doubt anyone would want to take a Friday or Saturday night at dinner time / "fun time" for an IRC meeting...so there was my reasoning there (for exclusion). I didn't include 9:00 - 5:00 because it would be normal work hours, but am willing to if enough reply and say that they would want them, but I highly doubt it.

Work is a distraction for many of us even if we CAN be logged on during business hours.

The days are mostly randomized besides kind of tip-toeing around Valentine's Day and its weekend...and also giving us enough time to plan beforehand (to setup a Wiki page with an agenda, briefing, etc.).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu CE

I voted for Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The 9:00pm might be a little late, but the others would be easy.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

This sounds Super!
    "You may now resume your regular scheduler discussions"
    Linus Torvolds
    http://www.tuxproject.com
    Registered Linux User # 447610

Beans

Some kinda-of late in the night. I get home from school at 3:30 on most days. I will do the best I can.

Either the one at 5:30PM or the one at 6:00 (I think) would be the best for me even through that's around the time I have to eat supper.
    You Rock and You Rule!
    Fedora 15
    Ubuntu SC Team Leader

Beans

Just to let everyone know some of my "agenda" items for the meeting will include:
    1. Coming up with a roadmap for 2008 for Team-SC and a general roadmap for Team-SC about where WE want to go;
    2. Coming up with agenda items for volunteers (on a volunteer basis, of course) for members who attend and those that have already volunteered to be recognized. I want you guys and gals to do what you love and want to do;
    3. Schedule more monthly or bi-weekly meetings, on a recurring basis.

Also, you can check out the page at:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved

For further information about what I mean by "roadmap." I believe the creation of the "roadmap" will be one of the pivotal points for Ubuntu Team SC at this stage in the process.

Sincerely,

XQ

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I can really do it anytime. I look forward to talking with everyone!

Beans

This thread will most likely be closed within the next 5 - 7 days with the announcement being made for the most voted for meeting time (right now, as of making this post: Thursday, January 24th @ 8:00 P.M. EST).

With this being said:

PLEASE get your VOTE IN!

I only see 8 voters (with hopefully some more people just viewing the thread and don't really care when the meeting is given the choices)...

I would still like you to VOTE...
    Just to get a HEAD COUNT!

Sincerely and thankfully (for your time and responses),

XQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast