View Poll Results: What date/time works best for your schedule? (You are encoured to choose more than 1)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thursday, January 24th @ 8:00 P.M.

6 66.67%
  • Sunday, January 27th @ 6:00 P.M.

5 55.56%
  • Tuesday, February 5th @ 8:00 P.M.

5 55.56%
  • Monday, February 11th @ 9:00 P.M.

5 55.56%
  • Friday, February 22nd @ 5:30 P.M.

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First OFFICIAL IRC Meeting - Please VOTE!

Beans

Re: First OFFICIAL IRC Meeting - Please VOTE!

Thursday, January 24th @ 8:00 P.M. is the set meeting time.

Please book it in your diaries and on your calendars!

Sincerely,

XQ

P.S. - I'll have a Wiki page up sometime tomorrow so we can all set an agenda for the meeting and get some plans together for action!!

Beans

The agenda can be found here (PLEASE add your items to it, replacing mine or adding to the table...I just added rows to serve as placeholders and ease-of-use):

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SouthCarolinaTeam/24Jan08Agenda

Please add to it as you see fit!

Add your own agenda items and different items, questions etc. Please see above post (on page 1 of this thread) about what items we should be covering. It references:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved

Sincerely,

XQ
    Last edited by xarquid; January 17th, 2008 at 05:55 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Cant wait!
    "You may now resume your regular scheduler discussions"
    Linus Torvolds
    http://www.tuxproject.com
    Registered Linux User # 447610

Beans

Arrow Re: First OFFICIAL IRC Meeting - Please VOTE!

Thanks to all that showed up.

We will be having official meetings stagged once a month (during weeknights Monday - Thursday at 8:00 P.M. EST) for members.

Members must attend ONE meeting in a 6 month period of time on IRC (the official meeting) to be considered "active" in the team. This was decided at the meeting. This rule will go in affect starting at the next meeting. The date and time will be announced in early February on here, the web site, the Wiki and the mailing list. Plenty of opportunities will be offered.

If you believe you have special circumstances that keep you from attending a once a month meeting (Monday - Thursday) in a 6 month span of time, please e-mail me or Flare183 and we will try to accommodate you (night shift workers for example, we may host an alternate meeting). We just need to be made aware that there is a need for such things.

Also, an "unofficial" chat meeting will take place once a month (staggered with the official meeting) for those that just want to get together and chat. Flare183 will most likely head this up if I am unavailable.

And, of course, you always just go into #ubuntu-us-sc on Freenode IRC and chat it up whenever with your fellow members. Or on the forums. Or on the mailing list! Feel free to keep your ideas and thoughts flowing for Team SC on the forums and IRC. Thoughts are the spark that bring about change!

Sincerely,

XQ / Craig

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Sorry about missing the meeting guys - classes and all that. All business that I've heard about thus far seems reasonable - anyone got a transcript?
    Registered Ubuntu user #4019 Registered Linux user #434490
    Personal Blog completely unrelated to Linux

Beans

Yep, it's posted on the Wiki:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SouthCarolin...Jan08AgendaLog

It has some formatting issues so I'll be posting it later on today off the WIki site and look to correct it as well. Then get it linked to the main Wiki page and the Jan24 meeting page so it is cross linked as it should be.

It needs line breaks ;0)

...I'm sure it picked up a character here and there and parsed it wrong. Argh, Wikis. I wish you could turn its parsing off (I know you can in some Wikis, but not in this one...) Anyway, might want to wait until later on when it has a few line breaks otherwise it might give you a headache.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12