Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XP on ubuntu

Beans

Re: XP on ubuntu

Thanks for tips i'll try them later.
    i download the vmware version 2 beta and i had much problem in installation so i download the normal version(not beta) 1.04.
    my question is there a lot of differance between the beta and 1.04 versions? what should i use?

Beans

I installed the 1.04 version and configured a virtual machine but when i press power on i am getting this messege:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

When you installed the WindowsXP did it install as it would when doing it to a regular hard drive?
    Regards, frank, at http://yantrayoga.typepad.com/noname/
    Homebuilt Lian-Li PC-Q30X Intel i5-4670K 4.0GHz, SSDs,16G RAM | Dell laptop E1505n, netbook 10n
    Oracle VBox w/ WinXP/Win8 running Xara Designer, PaintShopPro, and InDesign CS.

Beans

i didnt installed windows xp i just configured the virtual machine but it wont start for installing xp

Beans
    Distro

Strange, it seems the configuration file is in your /home directory. Did you move it there?
    Homebuilt Lian-Li PC-Q30X Intel i5-4670K 4.0GHz, SSDs,16G RAM | Dell laptop E1505n, netbook 10n

Beans

in the install i in mistake chosed to install the binary files(i am not sure its the binary files) in my /home directory.
    how can i uninstall the program and install with default setting ?

Beans
    Distro

Okay, the only way I've seen an uninstall work, at least for me, was to use Synaptic.

In Synaptic do a Search for vmware. Then click the Status bar near the bottom, left of the windows. When vmware-server shows from the search, click on it and go down and click on Mark for Complete Removal. After that happens, reinstall by clicking to install vmware-server.

Beans

ok synaptic even showing that vmware is not installed

Beans
    Distro

All right, you installed using the package from the vmware web site.

Go ahead and use apt-get

Code:
    sudo apt-get uninstall vmware
    and see it that works. You might have to use vmware-server as a program name. Then install using Synaptic or apt-get. Use all the defaults on installing. You can use the same original license number you have.

Beans

its showing:
    E: Invalid operation uninstall
    i writed uninstall propaly what the problem?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast