Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urban Terror

Beans

Re: Urban Terror

Am using Hardy 8.04. Downloaded UrT 4.1.

The graphics is ok but there is no sound. The UrT log says:

------ Initializing Sound ------
    Initializing SDL audio driver...
    ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:874:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
    SDL audio driver is "(UNKNOWN)".
    SDL_OpenAudio() failed: No available audio device
    Sound initialization failed.
    --------------------------------
    Amarok and VLC are all churning out sound alright.

Any idea what could be the cause? Thanks...

=============================
    Post updated 20080623 12.18am
    =============================

I found a workaround solution from twright in another thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...t=urban+terror

From the menu, goto System > Preferences > Sound. For 'Sound Events::Sound playback', change it from 'Autodetect' to 'ALSA - Advanced Linux Sound Architecture'. Restart the computer.

This works for me. :)
    Last edited by hongleong; June 22nd, 2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Found solution!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Just thought I'd say I've been playing for about 3 months now on a x64 Hardy Ubuntu and it worked straight out of the box and I JUST CAN'T STOP PLAYING (and I really should be doing much more important things)

Shoot you later.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Downloaded it and installed.
    It worked fine for about 2 mins (I checked I could start it) so I then tried to tweak the graphics etc.

Anyway, I lost mouse and general functionality.

I've deleted the original install. There have been several reboots of the machine since then (dual boot and about a week of normal use).

After reinstalling, I've made the ioUrbanTerror.i386 file executable.

The game starts, but I can't change any of the setup options, and I still have no mouse.

It feels like there's some residual setup stuff buggering the install - is there some sort of purge to make sure??

Any help appreciated, I'd really like to get this up & going.

Beans

There should be no problem, all you have to do is unzip it

I have been playing this for about 3 months and its one of the most addicting games ever.

I also have a clan that I founded:

http://www.xterminatorclan.co.nr

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm having the EXACT same problem. The game opens, sound, gfx are all alright (though somewhere in between fullscreen and windowed), and there is no mouse. Any thoughts are appreciated. x64 Hardy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have played UT for a few days now.

Last weekend I played with my cousing on a server from my home.

We have managed to play on same teams from my local network/isp on a nearby server on the internet. It was really fun.

Now I am at his house with our computers, but it seens that we can't do this at his house. We can play in DIFFERENT servers simultaneously but not on the SAME one like we did from my house...

I think it's a router/modem/isp glitch...

I have placed one computer on the DMZ and the other on port forwarding... disabled automatic port forwarding on the adsl modem and the router.... but everytime we trie to connect on the same server one gets disconected.... any clues??? I have tried everything I know... and I am starting to think its a problem with the modem/router.....

I have a DSL-500B modem (D-Link) and a Linksys wrt54g router...

Any idea/help is apreciated.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

its simple on one of the PC you need to change your net_port too 2961

so while the game is launch drop down the console by press the ~ key that is below ESC and type this.

Code:

/seta net_port "2961"

The reason this occor is that you both use the same medium to connect to the internet so both your machines are giving the same External IP address so the server cannot differ the 2 connection and it drops one. setting one to use a different ports allows the server to recognise two different connections being made

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

oh man this game OWNS!!!, dl the other night, works really really well on my 8.10 machine =), totally addictive

my in game name is SPOON_DOGS_FTW <- add me if you want

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

To those of you who lose your mouse after launching UT: Make sure that you turn off Compiz before running it. I use Alt+F2 to run metacity --replace before launching UT and compiz --replace after I'm done. Works like a charm.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Just a little bump.

I currently have Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers installed, which has Urban terror pre-installed.

But is Urban Terror In the ubuntu repositories, or is that exclusively the case in Ultimate Edition?

Cheers,

Bram
    "As my tutor, old bubbleface, used to say:"make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."" Rowan Atkinson als The Black Adder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast