Thread: [SOLVED] Capture Card no work

Beans

[SOLVED] Capture Card no work

I just installed mythbuntu on my pc, I am not having much luck getting it to see my two pvr-150 cards.

When I got to configre them I pick the pvr-150 and then if I go to scan channels it say unable to start cards. Also when I go to watch live tv the in mythtv it says card already being used, but it just started so I know it is not.

What am i doing wrong?

Another question is do I need to have my capture card working for me to see my schedule info?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Capture Card no work

Quote Originally Posted by fredmarkle View Post
    I just installed mythbuntu on my pc, I am not having much luck getting it to see my two pvr-150 cards.

When I got to configre them I pick the pvr-150 and then if I go to scan channels it say unable to start cards. Also when I go to watch live tv the in mythtv it says card already being used, but it just started so I know it is not.

What am i doing wrong?

Another question is do I need to have my capture card working for me to see my schedule info?
    Choose the right type of card (Hardware MPEG2 encoder)

Beans

i did pick the m-peg encoder x50 one, I wish I could let you guys see what I've done, its hard to describe everything. I think I'm pretty close to having it all done, but of course there must be one thing I am missing.

Beans

also wanted to tell you, that while I'm in the backend setup. under input connection, i think its option 4. next to the tuner I setup, all the values are none, is that correct?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by fredmarkle View Post
    also wanted to tell you, that while I'm in the backend setup. under input connection, i think its option 4. next to the tuner I setup, all the values are none, is that correct?
    Nope, that's your error then.

Under step 3 you create a video source. On step 4 your associate your video source with the tuner.

Beans

got it, thank you very much, i feel like a complete nubbie