View Poll Results: Does your ISP limit you on what you can download per month? What is the limit?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Limits

73 62.93%
  • No known limits, but they have cut me off once.

0 0%
  • No known limits but have cut me off more than once.

1 0.86%
  • 10 GB or less per month

12 10.34%
  • 10 to 20 GB per month

9 7.76%
  • 20 to 30 GB per month

8 6.90%
  • 40 to 50 GB per month

5 4.31%
  • 50 to 60 GB per month

1 0.86%
  • Under 100 GB per month

4 3.45%
  • Under 200 GB per month

3 2.59%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Your ISP impose limits? What is your limit per month? Speed and Cost ? Location?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Does Your ISP impose limits? What is your limit per month? Speed and Cost ? Location?

Does Your ISP impose limits? What is your limit per month? Speed and Cost ? Your Country Location?
    Your TV might soon be obsolete...find out at https://www.dtv2009.gov/
    Close the Windows and "open" the "source" . 2008 is the year for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Does Your ISP impose limits? What is your limit per month? Speed and Cost ? Locat

No Limits
    $40 a month
    Advertises up to 10Mbps
    Midwest USA
    Your TV might soon be obsolete...find out at https://www.dtv2009.gov/
    Close the Windows and "open" the "source" . 2008 is the year for Linux

Beans

Re: Does Your ISP impose limits? What is your limit per month? Speed and Cost ? Locat

ISP: Belgacom
    Limit/month: 12gb
    Speed: 4.6 mbps down, 256kb up
    Cost: 45 €/month

national download day

I'm being ripped off, but theres nothing I can do about it, damn monopolistic bastards and their "12 gb is enough for everybody" ********! So in reality I pay something like 100 € (100 EUR (EUR) = 144 USD (USD)) because they charge 1 €/1 Gb extra, if you don't pay you get 26kb down.
    Last edited by billgoldberg; December 25th, 2007 at 12:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

ISP: Bellsouth/AT&T
    Down: 6mbps
    Up: 412kbps
    Limit: ?

i really have no idea, i know comcast limits people at around 300GB a month(they harass the top .01% of customers for bandwidth use, no real limit). but for bellsouth i can't find any info on a bandwidth cap per month.

does any one else know?

-grubby is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans
    Hidden!

ISP: Centurytel
    no limits.
    $30 a month
    1.5MB down/512K up
    eastern washington,USA
    Last edited by -grubby; December 25th, 2007 at 12:53 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

No limits
    $30 a month
    50Mb download/70-80 Mb upload
    Utopia Utah
    すべてと、そして、すべてへのリナックスは自由を鳴らせました。
    Linux to all, and to all, let freedom ring.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

in leicester i'm with the UK free software network, and they're pretty good

its an 8meg connection, but they support up to whatever your area's lines can support, £30/month with 300GB off peak limit, and a 30GB peak limit, and no bandwidth shaping, ie it doesn't cap your speed if you use bit torrent

I think its much better to have a nice big download limit these days instead of "unlimited" packages with fair use policies

also the UK free software network uses it's profits to fund open source projects

http://www.ukfsn.org

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

ISP: Wildblue
    Limited Bandwidth of 13 GBpm
    80$ per month
    1.5 MBps
    East Coast
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

TDS Telecom
    Howards Grove, WI, USA (near Sheboygan)
    -3 Mbps/512 Kbps
    -According to the terms and AUP, they claim to have a 50GB up and down limit, but they haven't kicked me off at all, even during the occasional torrent download (not capped). I also asked them about using SSH and they said I can use it.
    $50 a month
    Last edited by MethodOne; December 25th, 2007 at 02:43 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

ISP: Charter Communications

I don't know of any limits that they impose. I only know that many tomes they disconnected me without any notice (specially the days I have been downloading CD/DVD image (iso) and Japanese Animation (Anime) with a Bittorrent client.

They never told me if there was a bandwidth limits (nor I have asked).

In the "Acceptable Use Policy - Residential Customer" they tell us that. Quote

1. USE
    Charter high-Speed is Designed for personal and family use within a single household. Customer agress that only Customer and co-residents living in the same household will use the Service. The term 'single household' means Customer's home and includes an apartment, condominium, flat or other residential unit that may be used as a residence in any multiple dwelling unit.

Customer may set up one (1) web page per primary e-mail account for personal use using the Service, but Customer may not establish a web page using a server located at Customer's home. Customer will not use nor allow others to use, Customer's home computer as a web server, FTP server, file server, or game server or to run any other server applications. Customers will not use, nor allow others to use, the Service to operate any type of business or commercial enterprise. Customers will not advertise that the Service is available for use by third parties or unauthorized users.

Charter reserves the right to disconnect or reclassify the Service to a higher grade for failure to comply with any portion of this provision or this Policy. Any violation of these policies may lead to prosecution under state and/or federal law and/or termination of Customer's service.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast