Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sanskrit input (Devanagari and transliteration)

Beans

Re: Sanskrit input (Devanagari and transliteration)

Quote Originally Posted by rahul_bhise View Post
    in ubuntu 11.04 i did not have a m17n folder in /usr/share/
    so i added ibus-m17n from ubuntu software center. and i had it
    then i clicked on ibus icon in the pannel and go to preference.
    in input method tab i added my marathi phonotic input methord and now i can type in marathi.
    It worked for me as well in 10.10, thanks! I had hindi language support installed with some devnagari ttf, it is working very well now.
    Thanks amerrikannu good info mate!

Beans

I followed the instructions, but the input method for transliteration didn't appear in ibus.. did something change in Ubuntu 12.04 so that this method doesn't work anymore?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

First of all, a big thanks to all of you guys who have helped others to troubleshoot their issues in getting ibus Skt/translit up and running. I'm on various distros and seem often to get back to this thread after other post-ers have already done the needful. It's gratifying to see that this thread--five years on!--is still helping people with their setups, due in no small measure to the timely help from all y'all. So again, many thanks!

@Abhihemu, rahul_bhise, ajitarsh, and ganeshbhatbams: Glad you guys got everything up and running! It's useful to know that the instructions still work alright (thanks Abhihemu for that).

@Cnaeus, that's odd, usually transliteration isn't a problem if you've got ibus up and running. Is your ibus working in general (does everything else show up correctly and can you switch between other inputs?). And does

(input-method * "*.mim")
    (input-method t sa-translit "sa-translit.mim")
    ;;; </ul>
    show up properly in your database? You rebooted and started ibus I take it? All files are in the proper directories?

I'm running 12.04 on one partition and my ibus नागरी/translit system works fine, so that shouldn't be the issue. Anyway, let us know more specifically what's going on and I'm sure one of us can help you troubleshoot your problem.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by amerikkanu View Post
    First of all, a big thanks to all of you guys who have helped others to troubleshoot their issues in getting ibus Skt/translit up and running. I'm on various distros and seem often to get back to this thread after other post-ers have already done the needful. It's gratifying to see that this thread--five years on!--is still helping people with their setups, due in no small measure to the timely help from all y'all. So again, many thanks!

@Abhihemu, rahul_bhise, ajitarsh, and ganeshbhatbams: Glad you guys got everything up and running! It's useful to know that the instructions still work alright (thanks Abhihemu for that).

It's working for me on ubuntu 12.10 as well mate

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345