Thread: *HELP* - Using an IguanaWorks USB IR Transceiver for Changing Channels?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

*HELP* - Using an IguanaWorks USB IR Transceiver for Changing Channels?

OK, so I've had Mythbuntu 7.10 x64 running for over a month without any issues. Everything seems to work just fine, but the new hardware I'm using has no serial ports on the motherboard, so the existing Serial IR Blaster I was using will no longer work.

Because of this, I bought an IguanaWorks USB IR Transceiver (http://iguanaworks.net/product1.psp) as it seemed to do exactly what I wanted - even controlling two separate cable boxes with only one transceiver... sweet!

So I install the latest .deb file from their website, the daemon starts just fine and I see the appropriate /dev/iguanaIR mappings appear.

So why is it that no irsend commands work? According to the IguanaWorks website I need to use the irsend command twice, but I'm not getting any output and the channels still aren't changing even after the second irsend command.

Any advice?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: *HELP* - Using an IguanaWorks USB IR Transceiver for Changing Channels?

have you set up your set top boxes correctly in lircd.conf?

what does
    Code:
    sudo irsend LIST "" ""
    give you?

Beans

Re: *HELP* - Using an IguanaWorks USB IR Transceiver for Changing Channels?

I had problems getting this device running as well. What worked for me was (a) doing a complete uninstall of lirc, and then compiling from the current cvs (linked at the lirc.org site), (b) running /etc/init.d/lirc stop as root, and (c) running lircd as root (you can add steps b and c to your /etc/rc.local, but will want to add a sleep command before each line).