Thread: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - can't get it to work

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - can't get it to work

I hope I'm not doing wrong by doing this. But someone rightfully moved my thread to this subforum, but they wrongfully put it under a title for the Lord of the Rings game. So I'm reposting the quote of my first post in a new thread with the right title in hopes that I'll have better chances of getting help. Here goes:

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    I have heard that a lot of people have gotten MOHAA to work with wine. First of all, I know that there is a native client, but the sound doesn't work right in it and there is no hope of an update. So if I can get it to work right in wine, that would be better.

I can't get the game to run in wine. I am using Gutsy 64-bit with a Radeon HD 2600 video card running the latest fglrx drivers with aiglx and Compiz/Fusion. MOHAA installed just fine without any problems, but when I try to run the game, it just acts like it is loading for a couple of seconds and quits. Nothing ever comes on the screen, it is just the cursor turns to the loading cursor. When I try to run it from the command line, it just waits a few seconds and comes back to my command prompt without any errors or information.

I have tried it with Compiz turned off and it doesn't make any difference. Is it a 64-bit thing? Does anyone have any ideas?
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - can't get it to work

MOHAA doesn't really work with Wine:
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ersion&iId=882

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - can't get it to work

Thanks. I've seen the appDB about it. I was just asking because I have heard people say they got it working.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss