I recently setup a box to run mythbuntu on with an nvidia geforce 8500-gt and I ran a DVI to HDMI cable to my TV and then ran the analog audio out to my receiver. All was great.

However, I recently got a new receiver (Sony STR-DG810) that has multiple HDMI inputs and an HDMI output. I would love to run all of my media components through the receiver, however I can't figure out how to get audio from the computer to the receiver. When I plug in an HDMI cable it automatically ignores the analog ports associated with the component. For example, if I plug in the HDMI cable to the 'DVD' input and then plug in the analog audio cables, video is there, but I get no audio. I would assume that it does this since audio is typically carried over HDMI, but there doesn't seem to be a way to override this.

I would be open to buying another video card that supports direct HDMI out as my motherboard has an SPDIF port internally, but I would rather not buy anything else if I can get the job done with what I have.

What are other people doing to hook up their mythtv box like a regular media component via HDMI?