Thread: Sound and Video problems with MythTv and Tvtime

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Sound and Video problems with MythTv and Tvtime

Mythbuntu is looking good! I upgraded from an Edgy-Feisty into Mythbuntu and like that I have all the gnome components with the Xfce Desktop, it's nice. Finally have Mythtv running, but am having problems.

Tvtime is running on this machine, although I could not get the sound working until MythTV was functional. Mythtv was working with sound but not great quality for sound or video. After I started Tvtime it suddenly has sound. (although the tv card's sound never seems to go away...). Now when I try to watch tv with Myth frontend, the channel appears to be scrambled. Summary: Tvtime has good quality, myth tv has scrambled appearance with decent sound.

I don't expect to get mythtv to work perfectly, this pc is old, 1999 Gateway with bttv type tv card that came with it back then. This was just to prove to myself I could get mythtv working. But would like to get this functioning so I'm not using just tvtime.

here is the output from lspci for sound and video:
    Code:
    00:11.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 02)
    00:11.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 02)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV5 [RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro] (rev 11)
    00:0e.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 07)
    Thanks!

Beans
    Distro

Re: Sound and Video problems with MythTv and Tvtime

Anybody? Tvtime and MythTV conflicts...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

1. Did You try --mixer option?
    2. Maybe it is better to delete MythTV? And the conflict will comes to the end?
    http://ubuntu4us.wordpress.com - New World Computer Religion... Ubuntu with Us! Join Us!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Offoffoff View Post
    1. Did You try --mixer option?
    Thanks! Not sure what to do though...