Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All my recordings disappeared

Beans

All my recordings disappeared

So I had a bunch of stuff recorded. I was working on setting up the Volume Knob on Antec Fusion http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php...n_Antec_Fusion.

Then I noticed that all my recordings were gone. I don't think working on the volume knob had anything to do it, but who knows.

I checked the disk and they are really gone.

Anyone have this happen before?

Beans

Re: All my recordings disappeared

Ok, so my recordings are still disappearing. Looks like they just delete themselves after a day. But I have them set to not auto expire, and they are still deleting themselves. I have over 400 gigs of free space left. Is there another setting that I am missing that makes this happen.

Beans

When I made my last post, I know a show I had recorded at 8:00pm last night was gone by 7:00am this morning. The only things that were left on my machine where shows from early this morning. Now in the 30 mins since my last post even those are gone and I have no recordings left.

Why would mythtv record something only to delete in a matter of hours later?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I had something similar happen after we lost power several times the day before. I had to go into the database using "phpmyadmin" and repair the tables. Once that was done the recording were back. Hope this helps.

Beans

I haven't shutdown the machine or anything. I checked the disk and the recordings really are just not there. It appears as if mythtv deleted them on purpose as they still show up under previously recorded shows. I checked all the logs in /var/log/mythv but couldn't find anything about deleting programs. Where does mythtv log what and why it is deleting?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

configure the backend init script to log autoexpires:

Code:
    $ sudo nano /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend
    near the top, add --printexpire to the "ARGS=" line, so it looks like this:

Code:
    ARGS="--daemon --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --pidfile $RUNDIR/$NAME.pid --printexpire"
    that should log the deletions, if the backend is autoexpiring your recordings.

in the meantime, i recommend installing phpmyadmin to see if tables need repairing:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/My...86209e04fe37c5

if there are tabes that need repaired, make sure to go back and double-check the autoexpire settings in frontend setup after the repair.

also, make sure you have the MYSQL optimization options set in mythbuntu control centre advanced settings.

if all else fails, you can always add --noautoexpire to the ARGS list in the init script, which will prevent the autoexpire thread from being launched. if you do this, you will need to manually delete any unwanted recordings including livetv recordings.

Beans

It appears that adding the --printexpire to the args just causes mythbackend to print what will be auto expiring, and not actually start the backend.

michael@myth:/etc/init.d$ mythbackend --printexpire
    2007-12-18 22:36:08.327 Using runtime prefix = /usr
    2007-12-18 22:36:08.336 New DB connection, total: 1
    2007-12-18 22:36:08.340 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
    2007-12-18 22:36:08.342 Current Schema Version: 1160
    2007-12-18 22:36:08.344 New DB connection, total: 2
    2007-12-18 22:36:08.344 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
    MythTV AutoExpire List (programs listed in order of expiration)
    New Yankee Workshop: "Taunton Chest" 470MiB Tue Dec 18 14:00:00 2007 [ 0]

I'm still looking for a way to track why mythtv deletes something. Or maybe there is a setting that I am missing that allows mythtv to delete something hours after recording it. I have plenty of disk space so it shouldn't be auto expiring anything anyways.

Beans

Also I did a check and no tables need to be repaired. This must be something set when the system is first created. After I had this problem the first time I reinstalled Mythbuntu and had the same issue again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

did you check frontend setup: tvsettings-->general-->autoexpire
    and make sure extra disk space is set to 0?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

are you positive that your recording directory is set correctly and a partition with ample space is being mounted there? almost sounds like your recordings are being deleted to make room for new recordings. look at the following commands:

mount

sudo fdisk -l

and make sure there's ample space for your recording folders mount point.
    Check out my Blog about my life and computer software and hardware. http://ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com/
    My YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast