Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Call of duty 4 3D/OpenGL issue

Beans

Re: Call of duty 4 3D/OpenGL issue

I personally think that halo 3 is a good game, as far as fps,along with call of duty... their both great games,and i don't know why people always have to say something negative about the other game. it's just retarded. but i think call of duty is much more fun to play online rather than halo 3 be it self adicting me to playing it all night with my neighbor,lol, if you guy's have xbox live you can add me if you want: Xbz Pro
    and Yourobesemother is my neighbors gamertag. Thank you!

Beans

Hi, when i try to install cod4 from the guide on page 2 i get to "make depend && make" when i get this:
    signal_i386.c: I funktion "merge_vm86_pending_flags":
    signal_i386.c:502: fel: "VIF_MASK" är odeklarerad (första förekomsten i denna funktion)
    signal_i386.c:502: fel: (Varje odeklarerad identifierare rapporteras bara en gång
    signal_i386.c:502: fel: för varje funktion den finns i.)
    signal_i386.c:513: fel: "VIP_MASK" är odeklarerad (första förekomsten i denna funktion)
    signal_i386.c: I funktion "raise_vm86_sti_exception":
    signal_i386.c:1084: fel: "VIP_MASK" är odeklarerad (första förekomsten i denna funktion)
    signal_i386.c: I funktion "__wine_enter_vm86":
    signal_i386.c:1484: fel: "VIF_MASK" är odeklarerad (första förekomsten i denna funktion)
    signal_i386.c:1485: fel: "VIP_MASK" är odeklarerad (första förekomsten i denna funktion)
    make[2]: *** [signal_i386.o] Fel 1
    make[2]: Lämnar katalogen "/home/jimmy/wine/wine-0.9.50/dlls/ntdll"
    make[1]: *** [ntdll] Fel 2
    make[1]: Lämnar katalogen "/home/jimmy/wine/wine-0.9.50/dlls"
    make: *** [dlls] Fel 2

Beans

The newer versions of Wine don't need patching. I'm currently using version 1.1.14 & it runs COD4 perfectly. Try a pre built package: http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ahaslam View Post
    The newer versions of Wine don't need patching. I'm currently using version 1.1.14 & it runs COD4 perfectly. Try a pre built package: http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html
    Thanks Now i installed everything. But when i start, a black screen appears and i cant do anything but i have the sound. Any idea?

Beans

Hello guys.

can someone just put a working tutorial how to install and play the game, becouse I believe since 2007 something has changed

I sadly cant install, wine setup.exe says:
    fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80030050 for L"C:\\windows\\temp\\msie1b.tmp"

And I get an isntallation error:
    Error 1628: Failed to complete the instalation.

Using ubuntu 9.04, newest wine, clean .iso. Any comments welcome..

Beans

Ok, so for the newer versions of Call of Duty 4, does that mean I should install Direct X, or not? Also, does Punkbuster work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by Terdog View Post
    Ok, so for the newer versions of Call of Duty 4, does that mean I should install Direct X, or not? Also, does Punkbuster work?
    Install Direct x.

Punkbuster will not work :'(
    Registered Linux user #489078 Ubuntu user #27106
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." William Wallace
    Blog! www.vrekk.us

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I looked through a few pages but have not seen my problem here. I have gotten the single player working with no problem but when I go to launch the multiplayer portion it shows the COD4 logo and than the screen flashes and I get a fatal error message. I than have to ALT+F4 and close the game. it also changes my resolution down to 800*600 and I have to change everything back to my normal resolution.

Does anybody have a fix for this. I installed wine right from the repository and am running the most current version 1.1.23(I have had this problem on earlier versions of wine also). Also I do not have Punkbuster installed.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031