Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premium Channels

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Premium Channels

Thanks for the explanation. Just to verify, on that tutorial i would change it to a 6400 and also, using it as a channel changer would mean that if I were to connect the box to a TV, the channel would change to what I did on the Myth box. Correct? Thanks for helping with this, sorry if I sound stupid...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Premium Channels

Quote Originally Posted by tj71587 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. Just to verify, on that tutorial i would change it to a 6400 and also, using it as a channel changer would mean that if I were to connect the box to a TV, the channel would change to what I did on the Myth box. Correct? Thanks for helping with this, sorry if I sound stupid...
    You don't sound stupid. This is where you are supposed to ask questions. So no worries.

If you are talking about the 6200ch script in the first tutorial, you don't need to change the name of the program unless you want to. It will work fine as the 6200. The difference between 62xx and 64xx is just that the 64xx boxes are DVRs. sorry, but I am not sure if that is the question you are asking, but hopefully that's the answer.

Yes, the channel should change to what you do on the mythbox (although there will be a slight delay, a second or so maybe depending on what method you use). But what you have to do is go into mythtv-setup, select the input on your PVR-150 that you are using to capture input from the cable box, and set the channel change command to 6200ch -n (whatever node you end up having to use). Use plugreport (info about it in the second tutorial) to figure out which node to use.

Before setting it up in myth, test it command line as demonstrated in the tutorial. If it works there, it is just a matter of setting myth up right.
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12