Thread: Can\t add any tvcards

Beans

Can\t add any tvcards

I\m currently trying to add tv tuners to the setup of my first frontend and I cannot find any video using
    ls /dev/vi* -l
    ls: /dev/vi*: No such file or directory
    if I grep after the hardware it seems to be installed though.
    dmesg | grep dvb
    [ 35.641564] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in warm state.
    [ 35.641599] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
    [ 36.253435] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
    [ 36.819039] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
    [ 36.819042] dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T successfully initialized and connected.
    [ 36.819446] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in warm state.
    [ 36.819503] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
    [ 37.412376] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
    [ 37.978087] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
    [ 37.978091] dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T successfully initialized and connected.
    [ 37.978341] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

Anyone know what i\m missing here to be able to add cards? I\m guessing from what I have read that I should have 4 video channels for my 2 DVR 500 cards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Can\t add any tvcards

You may want to list your configuration. Is the backend and frontend on the same machine?

From what I know tv tuners are added to the backend. If you are using mythbuntu you can access backend setup via

applications>system>mythbuntu control center>mythtv configuration>mythtv setup

select capture cards>add new card

hope this helps not sure if you already performed the above
    Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.

Beans

It is a priary frontend / backend.

I\m currently at that adding spot but cannot find any cards. I choose mpeg 2 but there is nothing and probed info says failed to open.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

do you see your card when the selected card type is dvb dtv capture card. This may be more suitable for your card, not sure as I have only analog cards now.

move through all choices and see if your card pops up.
    Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.