Seven Network to change digital TV transmission parameters around Australia
(28 November 2007)

The Seven Network is changing some of the technical parameters affecting Seven's digital TV transmissions around Australia.

These changes will be to the DVB "code rate" from 2/3 to 3/4 and in the case of Brisbane, also the GI from 1/8 to 1/16 resulting in similar transmission parameters to the other Free-to-air digital TV broadcasts.

It's expected that the change will not be noticed by most viewers.

Unfortunately though there are some digital receivers/set-top-boxes that don't comply with the Australian Standard for digital TV receivers (AS 4933) and these may need to be rescanned.

In a very small number of cases, particularly with old antennas and if previous reception had been unreliable, rectification work to the antenna and cabling may be necessary.

The change-over programme is as follows:

* Some pre-testing will commence on Monday 3 December 2007;
* Melbourne will be changed during the morning of Monday 10 December;
* Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane & Gold Coast, and Perth will be changed during the morning of Monday 17 December;
* The Seven Queensland stations will be changed commencing Sunday 16th December through to Thursday 20th December.

More details of the schedule for Seven Queensland will be available shortly.

Source: Seven Network

and if I do, what happens to the setup I have for the existing channels, such as the XMLTV ID. Will it remember it, or will I have to put it in again after scanning?