Thread: Ubuntu Server 7.10: OpenLDAP + SAMBA Domain Controller

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Ubuntu Server 7.10: OpenLDAP + SAMBA Domain Controller

Quote Originally Posted by mitanc View Post
    Hi All,

I been running this config for a while and yesterday I stupidly did a sudo apt-get upgrade and now my windows 7 client machine cannot log in to the domain. I get the trust relationship has failed error.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Please help! Thanks!
    This can and does happen on normal functioning Windows networks too. The solution is simple:

Disjoin the Windows PC from the domain, then join again and reboot. As always, be sure to backup the PC before you do anything. Also, before you begin, make sure you have access to a local admin account on the Windows PC; this will make life easier if you run into trouble and cannot join the domain again.
    “Give a man a fish and you have fed him for today; teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime” —unknown

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz View Post
    This can and does happen on normal functioning Windows networks too. The solution is simple:

Disjoin the Windows PC from the domain, then join again and reboot. As always, be sure to backup the PC before you do anything. Also, before you begin, make sure you have access to a local admin account on the Windows PC; this will make life easier if you run into trouble and cannot join the domain again.
    Hmm, i tried that. Disconnected from DOMAIN no problem. Re-connect to domain, again no issue.

Final reboot, try to log on as a user of that domain onto the domain trust relationship issue.

Any idea on what log files to look at to see exactly where the problem is occurring?

Thanks!

Beans

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this guide.
    however I was trying with another set of manual on a ubuntu 12.04, kindly share if you have make any howtos for this version as well.

Regards,
    Rahul Janghel.

Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102