Page 85 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu Server 7.10: OpenLDAP + SAMBA Domain Controller

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Server 7.10: OpenLDAP + SAMBA Domain Controller

Is there a way to restrict LDAP searches? For example, I just told Thunderbird to use my server as an LDAP address book. It works, except it is returning everything in the directory - users, computers, anything with an entry. I'd like LDAP to not allow just anyone to pull such a search. Thoughts?
    MSI K8N Master2-FAR | Dual Opteron 285 2.6GHz | 6 GB PC3200 | eVGA 8800GT | Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
    Intel BOXD945GCLF2 | Atom 330 | 2 GB PC-5300 | 1.5 TB | Ubuntu 8.04.3
    Gateway MX6030 | Celeron-M 1.4GHz | 1GB PC3200 | Ubuntu 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Lightbulb Re: Ubuntu Server 7.10: OpenLDAP + SAMBA Domain Controller

I quote this message since I experienced a similar problem.
    Some time during my experiments, I wasn't able to create new users, receiving the following error:

Can't call method "get_value" on an undefined value at /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd line 204.

I think the problem is related to the ldap db, because when doing "getent passwd" I wasnt able to see the ldap groups, etc.
    I deleted one file inside /var/lib/ldap/ and relaunched the daemon; after figuring the daemon was working, I added an user and it simply worked.

This probably happened because I added some extra indexes inside slapd.conf _after_ loading the db (to solve the issue, I commented them out too).

I also wish to express my gratitude to rickyjones for sharing with us this magnificient tutorial: you rock!

Quote Originally Posted by sopsaare View Post
    Hey all!

I got rid of all those problems. It seems to me that somehow the smbldap-populate -g 30000 didnt work. It just used GID's from 500+. So it ****** things up, but I modified the values by hand and got rid of that problem. Then I saw that somehow dpkg hadn't make the "ldap.secret" file. But I made it by hand and got rid of those problems too.

Then I faced some problems with "Network path not found" while I tried to join the domain. I fooled around with the windows and linux network configurations and got rid of it. Then I was able to join the domain. So first step closed.

Now I got into another problem:

root@lin:~# smbldap-useradd -a sampo
    Can't call method "get_value" on an undefined value at /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd line 204.
    root@lin:~#

The "-a" is only switch that doesn't work, anyone have any idea what could cause this??

Beans

Hello everyone...

First of all, without this tutorial I wouldn't even dream of trying to build this Domain Controller. Thank you, thank you, thank you Richard.

Could someone please help a Linux rookie understand an error message?

This is what happened...

I am at the end of step 13. I restarted the system. I attempted to login as the new LDAP user and I received this message "Module is unknown". I attempted to login as the user that I was using while building the system and I received the same message. So it looks like I can't login.

What does this message mean? Any idea as to where to look for my mistake?

Any assistance is always appreciated.
    Eric

Beans

Hi,

This is one helluva long tutorial, and well laid out, but I cannot come right with the LDAP configs.

I`ve tried and checked all the configs for an incorrect username and password but it all matches up.

So my question is : Is this specific to Ubuntu 7, or does anyone have this available and running on Ubuntu 8.10 server

I`ve noted that LDAP now stores its configs in a database file, so I`ve tried mapping the slapd.conf file manually as suggested in other threads on this post, but I am still getting errors when running the smbldap-populate command...

I`ve also consulted the article (updated) here : http://www.rrcomputerconsulting.com/...p?article_id=3

And yet I`m still getting errors :

root@tauserver:/# smbldap-populate -u 30000 -g 30000
    Populating LDAP directory for domain TAUSPACE (S-1-5-21-171793956-1574410122-4236199969)
    (using builtin directory structure)

entry dc=tauspace,dc=local already exist.
    adding new entry: ou=Users,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 12.
    adding new entry: ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 17.
    adding new entry: ou=Computers,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 22.
    adding new entry: ou=Idmap,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: modifications require authentication at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 27.
    adding new entry: uid=root,ou=Users,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #4 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 55.
    adding new entry: uid=nobody,ou=Users,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #4 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 83.
    adding new entry: cn=Domain Admins,ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 95.
    adding new entry: cn=Domain Users,ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 106.
    adding new entry: cn=Domain Guests,ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 117.
    adding new entry: cn=Domain Computers,ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 128.
    adding new entry: cn=Administrators,ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 173.
    adding new entry: cn=Account Operators,ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 195.
    adding new entry: cn=Print Operators,ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 206.
    adding new entry: cn=Backup Operators,ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 217.
    adding new entry: cn=Replicators,ou=Groups,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 228.
    adding new entry: sambaDomainName=TAUSPACE,dc=tauspace,dc=local
    failed to add entry: invalid DN at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499, <GEN1> line 236.

Please provide a password for the domain root:
    /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd: user root doesn't exist
    root@tauserver:/#

Previous suggestions are that it may be that the password/user is not defined correctly, but I have checked and they are the same throughout my files.

Perhaps my eyes are missing something seeing that I`ve been trying to figure this out all day, and am overlooking something obvious.

I`ll only be able to get back to this problem tomorrow morning when I`ll be able to post anything you like, like config files etc.etc...

*dreaming of a white Xmas and a working DC server*

Beans

Try using 8.04.1 Server and see how it goes - the tutorial works very well with Hardy, but Intrepid has some differences. Honestly if this is for work I'd use the LTS release anyway.

If you must use 8.10, make sure to check this post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=834
    MSI K8N Master2-FAR | Dual Opteron 285 2.6GHz | 6 GB PC3200 | eVGA 8800GT | Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
    Intel BOXD945GCLF2 | Atom 330 | 2 GB PC-5300 | 1.5 TB | Ubuntu 8.04.3
    Gateway MX6030 | Celeron-M 1.4GHz | 1GB PC3200 | Ubuntu 9.04

Beans

Thank you for replying shizakapayou,

I`m busy downloading the distro now and should have it in about 10 minutes.

Thanks for the heads up

Beans

OK so I installed 8.04 and I`ve got a whole bunch further than I previously did, with one problem :

When I run smbldap-populate -u 30000 -g 30000 I get

failed to add entry : no global superior knowledge at /usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 499

According to the openldap.org documentation this means :
    "C.1.16. ldap_add/delete/modify/rename: no global superior knowledge

If the target entry name places is not within any of the databases the server is configured to hold and the server has no knowledge of a global superior, the server will indicate it is unwilling to perform the operation and provide the text "no global superior knowledge" as additional text.

Likely the entry name is incorrect, or the server is not properly configured to hold the named entry, or, in distributed directory environments, a default referral was not configured."

WTF does that mean ?

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Thanks for your help

Beans

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone was kind enough to point me in the right direction here. I posted a coupe of weeks ago, and been trying to figure out on my own without any success.

I'm stuck right after I changed the authentication profiles in step 13. Rebooted and now I can't login via the console, nor ssh, no root access, nor samba/ldap user.

However if I boot via the rescue system at boot time, I can start the daemons (shh, samba...) and I can then login no probs. I can even join xp clients to the domain, and they'll login alright...

I'd like to find out where I went wrong and how to fix it (w/o reinstalling...) Help would be apreciated.

Thanks, Lluco.

Beans

hi,

I was finished the installation OpenLDAP + SAMBA domain in Ubuntu Server 8.10 successfully based on this tutorial

After that, I need to integrated this LDAP into Cisco ACS and found this question at Cisco ACS.

The questions could found at the attachment. Please anybody to conduct my problem based on this tutorial. Thanks.

regards,
    Lukmana
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Re: Ubuntu Server 7.10: OpenLDAP + SAMBA Domain Controller

I updated my client from 8.04 to 8.10. Everything is still running fine except one little thing: sudo.

Since the update took place, I can still do things with sudo, but I can't acces the /ldaphome folder when I am in sudo-mode with my ldap-user. Any suggestions?

TIA
    Jan

Page 85 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast