Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eschalon RPG, linux beta demo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Eschalon RPG, linux beta demo

I've been playing Eschalon demo for some hours and it looks good so far. It has some areas that definitely need some work and improvement (such as character creation and some diplomatic skills, which are completely undeveloped) but it's good to see some old school RPG running natively in Ubuntu, since Jeff Vogel's games (Geneforge, Avernum...) do not work on linux. You can get more info (and a demo) in its homepage.

Anyway, it's a commercial game (I think it's cheap, but its graphics won't appeal everyone), so try it first and try it for some time before some impulse buying. It's been released for Windows and Mac and they're now beta testing the linux demo, planning to release a full version in a non-too distant future, so they may need the linux armada help! Feel free to beta-test it and make some comments in their linux form.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Eschalon RPG, linux beta demo

Ooooh, I'm going to download the demo and try it out right away. Don't get me wrong, I like fancy graphics and all, but if the game has immersing gameplay and a good story line then it would seem like a worthwhile investment. One way to find out...

Edit: I only just started, but it seems pretty cool so far. I definitely need more time to get a feel for it, but it looks promising. If it's not particularly expensive I may very well purchase this. I love to support companies that support Linux.
    Last edited by sirdilznik; December 14th, 2007 at 10:01 AM.
    <--- Dr. Von Krumpt

Beans

Oh, i just watched the youtube teaser... the game looks awesome! Makes me think of shadowrun goodness. I hope it's gonna be modular so people can hack away at it and make their own adventures. And multiplayer of course

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a look.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This is a sweet game! Not the most graphically intensive, but definitely has some good gameplay. Not to mention, it works without any special tweaking or configuring. Very nice! I'd definitely purchase this, if they go official with a Linux client.

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yay, something that finally runs on my Radeon 7500. I was getting all depressed here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thanks for pointing this one out for us, it works great without any fiddling. I'll have to keep my eye on it while I build up money to buy it. Brokeness

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

excellent game i WILL be purchasing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

The demo runs perfectly for me, on a quite mid range machine. Very impressed and I think I'll be buying.

It occurs to me that this is the direction for Linux gaming to develop in: most of the major game developers probably don't give a monkey's, but for smaller developers like Basilisk, the Linux market may offer an appreciable increase in their sales.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yeah, -if- they actually understand the concept of a niche market. Most don't, sadly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast