Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Are You Here?

Beans

Re: Why Are You Here?

Probably because it's one of the best linux and (arguably) technology community forums around. Community Cafe and Backyard is also a big draw if you want to discuss, well, nearly anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I am a windows user who gets by with it. (And presumes the linux grass is greener) I hate to idea of being forced to only use one OS forever. I have grown to like the philosophy and positive attitude that comes with Linux. This forum is the most dynamic that I have been to. In essence I keep in touch here to keep alive my intention of one day migrating and hopefully by reading various posts I'll be more familiar with it.

My Hardware doesn't like Ubuntu. So far I have a choice of Mandrivia, Knoppix or Fedora. My hard drive is almost full, so I've ordered a new one. (Will then experiment with partitions and stuff) Cos with me there is a) always problems with computers b) It takes me awhile to get around to do things.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If I switched to another distro or started using Windows or Mac full-time, I would probably still visit the Ubuntu Forums. The forums are friendly and lively--a pleasant place to visit, regardless of what operating system you use.

Beans

Agree very much with aysiu.

Even though i dont visit these forums as much as i used to, they are a sociable place to just hang about, help people with their problems and generally enjoy yourself, regardless of operating system.
    Using ubuntu offline?
    Want to install new programs?
    Check out wubdepends
    If Stupidity got us into this mess,
    then why can’t it get us out?

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm here because I use Ubuntu.

To be honest, this is the first I have noticed that other distros and OS's are here. What an eye opener.

When I saw things like Arch User, Windows User, I just though it was a duel boot thing.

How about that, learn something new every day!

Beans

I have a lot of computers. Ubuntu is almost always on at least one of them.

Beans

To seek the holy grail!
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyRabbiera View Post
    To seek the holy grail!
    yuo just won 5 intarwebz!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I'm mostly a Windows user, and I've found that this Windows forum is more active and helpful than other forums that are actually dedicated to Windows.

I've come to this community because I've installed Ubuntu on one of my computers, and am slowly learning how to play with it. Unfortunately, I've not the time presently, so I'm mostly hanging around the Cafe and Windows user forums.

And I also second another poster above - I've come to admire the positive attitude of man Linux users. This is a good place in general.

Beans
    Hidden!

It seems to me that a lot of Linux users like to distro hop. Everybody's tried Ubuntu at one time or another, and these forums draw quite the crowd. They're a huge resource for the distro and others as well. I can especially see the relevance for those on other Debian-based distros, or just pure Debian.

Yep, I've jumped Ubuntu's ship.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast