View Poll Results: Do you use "Social networking" sites?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, everyday!

10 16.67%
  • Yes, here and there

22 36.67%
  • No, but I haven't ruled them out

15 25.00%
  • No, and I never will!

13 21.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Social networking" sites--do you use them?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: "Social networking" sites--do you use them?

Yes, I check MySpace.com sometime.
    Linux user #438926.|Ubuntu Linux #10924| Questions: The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: "Social networking" sites--do you use them?

MySpace is a total piece of garbage that I rarely use anymore. I still have a page and it is decent, so much so that I would show it to others that want to know more about me. But the only people you will meet there are spambots, emos, and jail bait. The site is just so insecure and unmoderated that everything falls apart at the seems and people make the worst pages ever on the web. I like freedom a lot, but in this case, it makes it too easy to add a million silly things to a page with nothing close to a design. Sometime people need some restrictions to maintain order.

FaceBook is so much better. There is a lot more clutter then there was, but its not so overwhelming. And there are a lot of genuine functionality, especially if you are in school. It is a great way to stay connected to all your friends and even to meet some new people. I wish that there were some more restrictions on the apps and layout so there would be less crap to sift through, but otherwise it is a good site. Even with their deals with Microsoft, I still see Linux ads on the site and am free to support Linux groups on their. If that changes, then maybe I will change my mind, but otherwise it is just an ad deal and nothing to worry about. Even Linux.com has Microsoft ads on its page, its just the way advertising works.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123