Thread: Prevent gnome-screensav from loading

Beans

Prevent gnome-screensav from loading

My myth box was built with the Ubuntu alternate CD according to the instructions on the community website. I was trying to connect a new frontend and having problems connecting so I decided to upgrade. After I got past the hosed lirc and network, I found that gnome-screensaver was kicking in after 10 min or so and the only was I could prevent it was to kill the process. I have tried a number of the solutions listed here, but no joy. I have:

1) Disabled DPMS (xorg)
    2) Added the server flags section
    3) Used the setterm command
    4) Used several gconf commands
    5) Attempted the xset commands, but they failed.

What do I need to do to prevent gnome-screensaver from loading when I boot? Thanks.

Beans

Re: Prevent gnome-screensav from loading

How about some help? Before the upgrade, when I was done with TV, I would return to the Myth menu. After a few minutes, my TV would go in to powersave and blank the screen. To wake it up, I just hit any key on my remote. Worked great. Now, i have had to turn the screensaver off and the powersave on the TV no longer works either. Does anyone read the Mythbuntu forums or am I wasting my time?

Beans

Re: Prevent gnome-screensav from loading

As is usual, no replies, no assistance. Standing in an stadium full of people talking to myself. Last night, looking at the mythbuntu wiki I found this .

Once I get my current problem fixed, I will fool with this and see if I can get this working correctly.
    Last edited by lingenfr; January 5th, 2008 at 03:56 PM.