Thread: Does mythbuntu play friendly with webmin?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Does mythbuntu play friendly with webmin?

Does mythbuntu play friendly with webmin?

I was thinking about adding webmin in for SSH and apache but i didt know how well they work together O_o
    Romans 5: 8 But God showed his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Beans

Re: Does mythbuntu play friendly with webmin?

A Webmin install will not harm your mythbuntu box, although an edit to your config files from Webmin may cause ill effects. I would suggest making a backup of you originals before committing any changes. For ssh access I would recommend using putty, if your behind an M$ windows box that is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by slighted View Post
    A Webmin install will not harm your mythbuntu box, although an edit to your config files from Webmin may cause ill effects. I would suggest making a backup of you originals before committing any changes. For ssh access I would recommend using putty, if your behind an M$ windows box that is.
    yeah i use putty alot. alright wish me luck. linux ftw
    Romans 5: 8 But God showed his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

sorry for double post: there were some dependencies that needed to be fixed and it needed my CD too, but overall pretty standard, just follow webmin instructions from the website.