Thread: Suggestion: Make the community forums even more independent

Beans

Suggestion: Make the community forums even more independent

Don't take this as a rant towards the Community Cafe, I hang there a lot. It's just that I use the "Today's posts" button to check for new posts, and I always see threads like "Complete the story" or "The bump thread", or even "Here, I'll post a word, and then you post another, until we're dead".

So, as amusing as those threads are, threads with titles like "Help, my computer doesn't boot" or "Internet doesn't work", etc, etc, keep staying back, with few (it any) replies. I know that there are other ways to search the forums, like "unanswered threads", but if the user bumps it, it's not an unanswered thread anymore, is it?

I think it would be a valid IDEA ( i cannot stress this word enough) to separate the community cafe threads, the backyard, etc, from the Today's Posts function, which would be reserved only for support threads.

We should still be able to browse through the Community's forums, with maybe a "Today's Posts" only for that section.

Please give me some feedback on this, even if it is to say that this idea sucks, it would still be welcome.

Cheers

RauL
    My blog | Arch User | Linux user #439142 | Ubuntu user #10974
    "God is real unless you declare it as integer"

Beans

Re: Suggestion: Make the community forums even more independent

hmmm

Well worth consideration
    This account is not active.

Beans

heh, i use the "new post" and you'll see threads like the one describe by the OP , I just wish the deviation can be minimized.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I basically agree, but on the other hand, it is useful to me to have all the new threads when I browse the forums with my mod hat.
    Could this be user-based, such as the ignore thread/posts function?
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

I'm half confident that if you ignore a subforum from the usercp... that posts from it won't appear in "latest posts" etc.
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans

If I ignore them, am I still able to browse them?

Anyway, I raised the question, not for a personal taste, but because it could draw more atention to the threads that matter, in general.

Maybe most of the users really don't care about this, and don't ignore the subforums, and 50% of the threads they read are "trash" (metaphorically of course )

Call it "tricking the forum user"
    My blog | Arch User | Linux user #439142 | Ubuntu user #10974
    "God is real unless you declare it as integer"