Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: December 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Beans

Re: December 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Openbox 3.4 with the Awakened Openbox theme and two versions of the Awakened Gtk theme (using the Rezlooks and Mist engines). If you have an opinion, please let me know which you think is better. I currently prefer the version in the second screenshot, but I am aware that it doesn' look very nice on some screens. The version in the third screenshot is less blue, and hopefully looks a little better on those 'other' screens.

Further details: Wallpaper is a modification of one of the wallpapers at tenr.de (brushed_blue). Fonts are HeldustryFTVBasic Black (window headers), Sans (Gtk and menu) and Brassfield (clock). Icons are nuoveXT-1-6. Apps shown are the Xfce theme window, Thunar, gmpc, docker (system tray) and Lal (my new favourite clock).

I'm really fond of this setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: whats your favorite desktop layout??

Quote Originally Posted by short3000y View Post
    sorry i forgot to post my desktop... lol

I found the wallpaper here: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wa...ire/item64751/

I tried logging in to get it, but now I'm getting a blank page whenever I visit animepaper.net.
    Last edited by Interestedinthepenguin; December 28th, 2007 at 12:28 AM.
    Blue Ubuntu forums: http://userstyles.org/styles/2455 | Grey Ubuntu forums: http://userstyles.org/styles/3440 | Black Ubuntu forums: http://userstyles.org/styles/3992
    Windows free since: 6/15/07

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by What is in a name? View Post
    A quick detox from my poetic wallpapers while I think of what I'll do next... And meanwhile, I reconciled with the two panel scheme. I always preferred having only one panel, but if the panels are black it actually becomes stylish. Murrina Everest GTK theme with the Aurora Blue Flux theme for XFWM4. Good enough for now.

The fonts are DejaVu?
    How did you getting that settings?
    In my Kubuntu I try to set that fonts, but they are same as BitStream..
    I think it's a problem with AA or other some setting.

Ps:- I removed my .fonts.conf
    set dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config
    - always
    - native
    - no

In KDE set AntiAliasing = Enabled
    < RGB
    FULL

But the result isn't very good as your desktop..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: whats your favorite desktop layout??

Quote Originally Posted by Interestedinthepenguin View Post
    That wallpaper is here:
    I tried logging in to get it, but now I'm getting a blank page whenever I visit animepaper.net.
    Thanks for the link, so here it is (i uploaded it for you n__n) :
    http://pix.nofrag.com/3/b/4/6ae8e144...5688fbc4f.html

Nice wallpaper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I reinstalled ubuntu today and had emerald themes, beryl and compiz-fusion installed. When I reinstalled compiz-fusion and emerald I lost the themes that came with emerald from the berly down load. Where can I find those themes? emerald-theme is not in synaptics. Help.
    | Corsair Carbide Series® 300R | Intel Core i5 650@3.20Ghz| OCZ-Vertex3 120 Gb SSD | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Western Digital 1 Tb HDD |
    |Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Extreme | Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64 | Windows 10 Pro |

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frunktz View Post
    The fonts are DejaVu?
    How did you getting that settings?
    In my Kubuntu I try to set that fonts, but they are same as BitStream..
    I think it's a problem with AA or other some setting.

Ps:- I removed my .fonts.conf
    set dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config
    - always
    - native
    - no

In KDE set AntiAliasing = Enabled
    < RGB
    FULL

But the result isn't very good as your desktop..
    Just to make sure everybody gets these informations...

When I did the reconfiguration of your font settings, I chose:

Rendering: "Native"
    Sub-pixel Rendering: "Always"
    Bitmapped Fonts: "No"

And then, at the GNOME Font Properties, I chose the Grayscale rendering with slight hinting. In my beloved Xfce, which I use nowadays, I have the Sub-pixel hinting disabled, and the same happens in KControl (for those KDE apps I still use; in fact, here I just chose the "System Configuration" option at the anti-aliasing section). The anti-aliasing is on, with just a slight hinting.

And why all this trouble when I could simply stick with the default settings of Gutsy? Well, this was the only way I could make my OpenOffice fonts look GOOD. Just setting the sub-pixel functions on the settings of my desktop environment will make them go back to ugliness. Oh well.

Any further doubts, just ask.

P.S.: Oh, and I forgot... I'm using Myriad for the fonts.
    Last edited by What is in a name?; December 27th, 2007 at 11:14 PM.
    In the midst of silence, the greatest temptation is to speak.
    All the Eikon2 icon theme updates (and other personal theme mods and whatnot) at http://drop.io/fmrbpensador

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tad1073 View Post
    I reinstalled ubuntu today and had emerald themes, beryl and compiz-fusion installed. When I reinstalled compiz-fusion and emerald I lost the themes that came with emerald from the berly down load. Where can I find those themes? emerald-theme is not in synaptics. Help.
    Well, Beryl is not in the Gutsy repositories. Compiz-Fusion (with Emerald for the window decorations, of course) is the default now. The "good" old Compiz with plugins from Beryl. To mix both is not advised. So, assuming you are not using third-party repos, do you have all dependencies satisfied? Is libemeraldengine0 installed as well, for example?
    In the midst of silence, the greatest temptation is to speak.
    All the Eikon2 icon theme updates (and other personal theme mods and whatnot) at http://drop.io/fmrbpensador

Beans

December Desktop
    Questionable SFW

Theme: MurrinaCandy (Requires Murinne GTK Engine)
    Icons: nuoveXT2.2
    Pointer: BlueCurve (Fedora 8)
    AWN Theme: QV Black
    Main Menu: Suse Linux Enterprise Desktop (Gnome Main Menu)
    Wallpaper: Gemma Atkinson (British actress)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    December Desktop
    Questionable SFW

hopefully no one will care hehe
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

HUGE MAKEOVER:
    changed some icons and the windows's buttons
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by el mariachi; December 27th, 2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: buttons weren't viewable
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast