Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] virtualbox shared folders....?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: virtualbox shared folders....?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysheldon View Post
    hello, just tried this

but when i type 'net use t: \\vboxsvr\shared' (my folder is called shared) i get: "System error 53. Network path not found."

can anyone help out with this? not sure i've set the folder up right.
    If you open up windoes explorer, then click the folders button, from there click "My Network Places -> Entire Network -> VirtualBox Shared Folders". You should then be able to see your shared folders in the there.

To make it easier, once you find your folders, right click on the and click on map drive, this will let you map a network drive (such as Z, to the folder, so that it's easier to get to next time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: [SOLVED] virtualbox shared folders....?

Since the "Thanks" icon isn't readily visible I'll post a Thanks! for the answer on the first page.

I'm running VBox 2.14 on Intrepid Ibex host w/Windows 7 Beta client and the instructions from StuipedandUgly to share worked like a charm.

Robert

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm on a Windows 7 client but I can't get it to work for the life of me! I actually did have a network share for a short time using my regular samba server on this computer in Ubuntu, but now that doesn't work, and the \\vboxsrv\share thing never has worked. I have the most recent copy of the Virtual Box Additions (2.0.4) on an iso file which I have installed and reinstalled on the client, but no change. Any ideas?

-Dan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by dbsoundman View Post
    I'm on a Windows 7 client but I can't get it to work for the life of me! I actually did have a network share for a short time using my regular samba server on this computer in Ubuntu, but now that doesn't work, and the \\vboxsrv\share thing never has worked. I have the most recent copy of the Virtual Box Additions (2.0.4) on an iso file which I have installed and reinstalled on the client, but no change. Any ideas?

-Dan
    I do not know about a shared folder may I suggest an alternate ?

Personally I use network share protocols, Samba, ssh (scp), or if you are behind a router, ftp.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have a samba share on the server machine (which is the same machine that the client is on), but the Windows client doesn't "see" the samba share, and when I manually enter the address it fails. It worked initially for a short time, but doesn't anymore, and I don't know why. I do have a router but since both machines are on the same computer I didn't think it was an issue.

-Dan

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by frankieus View Post
    Use the "Add Network Place Wizard" in Windows. Follow the wizard and look for you shared folder, add it and you're done.
    wow, after spending hours searching through forums...this worked first shot, thnx man!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by He|iX View Post
    How do you mount the windows share in ubuntu if ubuntu is the VM?
    have you found the solution?
    i run ubuntu VM inside WinXp. have set up the folder to share through virtualbox. but don't know how to find it inside of my ubuntu VM. should i mount something?

Beans

Beans

check my video tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75FeK...B12D9&index=18

peace out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: virtualbox shared folders....?

Quote Originally Posted by StuipedandUgly View Post
    here's a quick guide
    1. start up virtual box then start up xp
    2. go to the top panel click Devices-->Install Guest Editions
    3. Download and install Guest Editions
    4. Set up your shared folders in virtual box. Example share folder home/Crimthinc
    5. start up windows go to Start-->Run enter cmd and press enter
    6. once in the dos console deal type net use t: \\vboxsvr\Crimethinc(only put in the last folders name on the end of the command for example if you selected a folder under home/Crimthinc/music the command would be net use t: \\vboxsvr\music)

This should work this is exactly what i did to get mine working its surprising how frustrated I got figuring this out

Thank You!! It's been a few years since you posted this, but it's the only thing that worked for me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast