Thread: Recording multiple channels from one DVB TS stream with one tuner

Beans

Recording multiple channels from one DVB TS stream with one tuner

Just wondering about this, as I read somewhere that it was being developed for mythtv. Is it in the current version, or still in the works?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Recording multiple channels from one DVB TS stream with one tuner

Still in the works. You definately will not see it in 0.20 fixes. It might have merged to trunk recently, but I don't know for sure. If it has merged into trunk you will be able to install the mythbuntu trunk packages.

Beans

OK, thanks for the info.

It is something that will be particularly useful to people like me in Australia. 2 of our free-to-air digital stations are launching alternative programming in HD (and the government station already has alternate programming in SD). That means that, these 3 stations will provide 6 "channels" that I can record (and there are 2 other stations as well, making 8 total), and because I only have 2 tuners, and only room for 3 in my mythbox... well you can see how using one tuner for 2 channels (whenever they are coming from one station) will be very handy..

Beans

Channel 9 is launching a HD channel next year, and 7 is doing a 3rd. So there are a few more still to come. Have you considered usb Tuners? I have 2 in my backend along side my 3 PCI ones. Works a treat.

BTW, I used to run DVB WebScheduler, which has the ability to capture multiple streams from one Multiplex, and I am looking forward to seeing it turn up in Mythtv.