If i were to setup XP in somekind of virtual environment
1. do i install drivers and everything just as though it was a real OS install on hardware.
2. Will windows apps run exactly as normal (patches, no cd cracks etc (not for illegal purposes))
3. How long would it take to have a virtual windows up and running,
Re: Simple question
1) If you use VMWare Server (you can download it for free) then 90% of the time you won't need to install drivers. If theres an issue(I had one with display driver), install the VMWare tools (you won't have to download anything, they're included with the server, you just have to install) and they'll probably sort it out.
2) Yeah, your apps will run as on a machine running XP
3)Installing the server takes maybe 15mins tops (excluding downloading the actual server app), and it then takes as long as it takes to install XP.