Thread: Help! Difficuties installing PX-TV402 in Dapper x64

Smile [SOLVED] Help! Difficuties installing PX-TV402 in Dapper x64

I'm a new to Linux and Ubuntu but I see a lot of reasons to move from Winblows.

I am trying to install the driver for a Plextor PX-TV402U USB2 PVR.

I went to a site that gives the following instructions in how to do it:

# Install required development packages (this is a big download)
    sudo apt-get install linux-kernel-devel linux-headers-generic fxload libncurses5-dev
    # Get the driver source
    # Unpack the source
    tar -xjvf wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-patched.tar.bz2
    t# Decend into source directory
    cd wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-patched
    # Compile the software
    # Install the software
    sudo make install

Because the first instruction included linux-headers-generic, I would get an error stating not to be found. I substituted linux-headers-generic by linux-headers-2.6.15-29-amd64-generic

The process for the first instruction found everything and installed all. I had already installled linux-headers-2.6.15-29-amd64-generic and it so notified.

I downloaded the driver and untar it in my home directory. Changed to the directory that was created and executed:

the output was:

***** Using kernel source in /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-29-amd64-generic *****

make modules -C /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-29-amd64-generic M=/home/oem/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-patched/kernel
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-29-amd64-generic'
    CC [M] /home/oem/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-patched/kernel/go7007-usb.o
    /home/oem/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-patched/kernel/go7007-usb.c:30:27: error: media/tvaudio.h: No such file or directory
    /home/oem/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-patched/kernel/go7007-usb.c:228: error: ‘TVAUDIO_INPUT_EXTERN’ undeclared here (not in a function)
    /home/oem/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-patched/kernel/go7007-usb.c:238: error: ‘TVAUDIO_INPUT_TUNER’ undeclared here (not in a function)
    make[2]: *** [/home/oem/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-patched/kernel/go7007-usb.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/oem/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-patched/kernel] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-29-amd64-generic'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Being new to all this, I do not know what went wrong.

Can you help me?

Peace to all

NOTE: To see how it was solved, look for a similar post in the Multimedia and Video section of the forums.

Note: I'm posting this here because I will use this driver in a virtualization project with VMware, VirtualBox and any other virtualization software.

Moderators: Please erase this post. Since there is no help available, I will post in another area of the forum.
    Last edited by jsmithy; November 28th, 2007 at 05:32 AM.