Thread: Do I need to set up recording profiles and transcoding before using mytharchive?

Beans

Do I need to set up recording profiles and transcoding before using mytharchive?

I don't normally transcode my tv recordings because I want to keep the best quality possible.

When I tried to use mytharchive to burn a DVD of a show which was large and so needed compressing to fit on a DVD, mytharchive tried to run transcode, but failed at that point.

So I was wondering if I need to set up something somewhere to get transcode to work. I have googled around and found this snippet about recording settings...

"Select whether or not to automatically transcode recordings to save disk space. Before using this, you must first enable auto-transcode in the recording profile and configure the transcoding parameters; see Recording, above."

... and was wondering if it also applied to mytharchive?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Do I need to set up recording profiles and transcoding before using mytharchive?

Short answer is that mytharchive does rely on transcoding and transcoding relies on the recording profile setup. Once you setup this information you can then change the transcode options from inside mytharchive.