View Poll Results: What kind of portable audio player do you have?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • Archos

6 1.36%
  • Cowan / iAudio

38 8.64%
  • Creative

73 16.59%
  • iPod

124 28.18%
  • iRiver

19 4.32%
  • Samsung

26 5.91%
  • Sandisk

47 10.68%
  • Sony

22 5.00%
  • Zune

18 4.09%
  • Other (Please specify)

67 15.23%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of portable audio player do you have?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: What kind of portable audio player do you have?

Other: Palm T|X with PocketTunes. Mass storage from SD card works.
    I'm thinking of getting an iPod touch, mainly for jailbreaking purposes, is this a good idea?
    Plants need to have water poured on them because they have no hands to hold glasses of water. -G-Man

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

iPod Nano and I love it. I Grandpa can hear it when I turn it up to max and it can tickle your hears with vibrations. Great sound quality by the way.

Beans

iPod Classic 160GB

gripes: The harddrive spins up to late sometimes causing glitches in the audio/video playback. The new menusystem is SLOW

Good: the rest

Linux comp. no idea

Beans

I have a E280 and a Connect both by sandisk.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Sansa E260 user here. It works fine with Ubuntu since it has support for USB Mass Storage interface. No Ogg support at all. It also has MTP that used to work pretty well with Rhythmbox but now for some reason doesn't.

I also use my Blackberry for music lately since my job requires I have one and with a 2GB MicroSD card it can hold all my music. Nice little plus is the ability to use Bluetooth stereo headphones with track control with it Excellent Ubuntu support as it just mounts the MicroSD as a removable drive
    Since I get asked alot, I am originally from Ukraine but am Russian by nationality. My nick means specter in Russian.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I bought the wife a Durabrand MD217 which she uses in conjunction with an FM transmitter to play classical music through the stereo in her art studio.
    Works as a drag and drop mass storage device.
    The sound quality is surprisingly good considering the two units cost only £27 together in Asda. (UK retailer owned by WalMart)

Beans
    Hidden!

Creative Zen Stone Plus here!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I have a Zune, but it was free hence why I got it. There is no Ubuntu/Linux support for it (as far as I know).

If I were purchasing, I'd go with a Sandisk Sansa or a Creative.

j.
    Explaining the Internet to someone who's never been online, is like explaining the Magna Carta to your cat.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I love my 20gb archos xs202, though no bells or whistles. It plays music, you can make playlists...that's about it. Still, great battery life and tiny for the capacity. Dirty cheap AND reliable.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have a Sansa c240. (the "c" series came between the original "m" and the current "e"). Two gig solid state storage, with a MicroSD expansion slot. Not a flashy interface or anything, but it works and the physical device looks cool.

Works perfectly with Linux (as a flash drive), but supports only MP3 and WMA. My only complaint is that it if you use the MicroSD card, it automatically rescans the entire card each time you turn it on. Presumably, this is because you could have removed it in the interim, but it seems like it would be a cinch to look up time stamps rather than do a full indexing. Basically, this changes the startup time from ~5 seconds to ~45 seconds. This may have been fixed in the "c" series (anyone know?).
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast