Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: the dumb game!

Quote Originally Posted by dips_xe View Post
    how did you do the lid part? very cool
    There you go:
    How to make your laptop play sounds on lid open/close
    play sounds in your terminal when running any command (or just pressing enter)

Another fun thing I did was use this:
    Fake "Hax0r / Hacker Activity" bash script

And as for hardware: use ice forms with ice to cool down the laptop.
    Didn't really work because it was unpractical. ^^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

well, this wasn't me, but a buddy of mine... he made the song "sweet like chocolate" by "shanks and bigfoot" play as his start up sound... the full song!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

omg hahah wonder if that would work with metal??
    Last edited by linux noooob; November 25th, 2007 at 09:20 PM.
    Read this the video at the end inspired me to switch to Ubuntu.
    if someone tells you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it.
    let the geek be with you

Beans

I once went to do a full backup and got the source and destination mixed up and hosed my system (OSX), I wouldn't mind but it was a backup script I wrote myself!
    In /dev/null no one can hear the kernel panic!
    Don't EVER use sudo rm -rf / . if you don't understand a command check it out first!
    BACK UP YOUR DATA OR YOU WILL LOSE IT!!
    Supergrub - The best thing since sliced bread www.supergrubdisk.org

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by linux noooob View Post
    omg hahah wonder is that would work with metal??
    I have Ubuntu SE, a little Mayhem at start up isn't a bad idea!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

The dumbest thing I've ever done to my computer...well, there was this time..um, I'm embarassed to say it...but once, I installed windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

The dumbest (but lets admit it, the best) thing I ever did on a computer (the family's one) was to follow the "advice" of going into DOS mode and deleting the "Windows" folder in the C drive, needless to say it was the most effective malware removal tip all over the web.
    "Some people says that if you run a Microsoft Midori iso backwards you will hear demon voices commanding you to worship Satan". But that's nothing. If you run it forward it will install Microsoft Midori.

Beans
    Hidden!

this thread only took 16 posts to start having a jab at windows!! wow thats an achievment.

Stupidest thing I ever did was to see what changing the HAL would do to win 2k, oops.

Stupidest thing I ever did to someone elses computer was,

take a screenshot of my friends desktop, use it as a background in a flash animation, make the animation some crazy fake (hollywood style) getting hacked thing, put it in html page and then use that as the desktop background,

when the mouse went over certain points the animation would start and my room mate would freak out!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I`ve just plugged a 2G usb drive into an Elitegroup laptop a while ago,with every intention of installing Puppy to the USB drive...........oops
    The laptop itself has a meager 20G drive that was split 50/50 with a minimal xfce and the original XP that i`d just left on the thing, for one or two reasons.

Unfortunately the 2G USB drive was also split 50/50 and just like the actual drive on the laptop the usb stick also had one NTFS and one ext3 partition....
    I`ve only just gone and wiped the XP partition at the start of the laptops hard drive with gparted,not even thinking to hit the dropdown tab in gparted and choose the usb drive for partitioning.
    My mind was elsewhere after all, listening to the dear wife tell me about her day..

After the subsequent discussion i thought...."Oh well,not to worry",it`s easy enough to re-install the original XP if i want,with the license key sticker being on the bottom of the laptop itself.
    I lifted the front of the laptop back,just to quickly remind myself the sticker was indeed there .........and snapped the USB drive still plugged in the back.Sapped the plastic casing anyway.

http://ubuntuclips.org/videos/4

For the lazy readers

Beans

Once when I was using Mepis, I got tired of messing with file permissions, so I ran chmod on "/" and messed up my system.
    Another time I had a mounted filesystem that refused to umount. So I tried removing the mount point. It didn't take long before I realized how stupid that was but nevertheless the distro that was mounted no longer functioned correctly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast