Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Re-setup the kernel module Virtual Box vboxdrv

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Re-setup the kernel module Virtual Box vboxdrv

Concerning the virtualbox-ose-modules-2.6.24-20-generic package, I'm also having the issue where I can't install it. After some digging it seems that the actual linux-image-2.6.24-20-generic module where I'd be getting the kernel that ose module is for isn't available.

I searched for the missing linux-image package and it seems there were a bunch of problems with the package and that it wasn't a stable update yet. I haven't found a confirmation for this, but my hypothesis is that they've probably taken it off the repositories which aren't slated as pre-release repositories.
    I had to restore my xorg.conf file backup from a backup after my last update run which got me looking into this since I hadn't seen any other problems. I guess it's the perils of using the Unsupported updates repositories.

EDIT: Seems someone filed a bug report on launchpad about not being able to install the linux-image-2.6.24-20-generic package. I added a comment about the fact that the package isn't showing up in the repository package lists and also the contents of my sources.list file so they know which repositories it's not showing up in. The bug is here:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/257386
    Last edited by Paladin Michael; August 17th, 2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: I have a little more info - corrected mistake on edit :p

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123